Wine, Cheese & Hugs

hillvalley

Ahhhh, the power of wine and cheese. Who knew a glass of good wine and camembert could cause you to go from robbery to hugs?
I know the person whose house this is (he was walking his dog and wasn't there at the time it happened). It sounds funny in retrospect (and the police report in the Post was surreal), but having someone hold a gun to his little sister's head left him awfully upset.

ETA: Reading the article, another name just clicked. I had no idea these people were related to each other. Even weirder.

I know the person whose house this is (he was walking his dog and wasn't there at the time it happened). It sounds funny in retrospect (and the police report in the Post was surreal), but having someone hold a gun to his little sister's head left him awfully upset.

ETA: Reading the article, another name just clicked. I had no idea these people were related to each other. Even weirder.

I've been there and let me tell you, as the great Lynyrd Skynyrd said, "it ain't no fun staring straight down a .44".

I've been there and let me tell you, as the great Lynyrd Skynyrd said, "it ain't no fun staring straight down a .44".
Now I see how these quirky news stories go viral. The Today Show just did an interview segment on this. It's bizarre seeing people I haven't seen in many years turn up on tv. (To clarify my comment above, the sister who had the gun pointed at her was the second person targeted, not the teenaged girl.)

The headliines are quite entertaining:

Don't Underestimate the Power of a Good Red Wine (ABC News)

Potential robber disarmed by taste of a fine bordeaux (Guardian Unlimited)

Attempted robbery becomes soiree with wine, cheese, group hug (Detroit Free Press)

Robber demands cash — but settles for a glass of wine and a group hug (International Herald Tribune)