Renardat-Fache Cerdon de Bugey

Bugey Cerdon Methode Ancestrale, Domaine Bernard Rondeau is available at Potomac Wines and Spirits, M St in Georgetown. Ace Beverage too? @ $15.

I prefer the Renardat-Fache Cerdon to the Rondeau Cerdon. But it's less available around these parts, it seems. But both do the trick ;).

I prefer the Renardat-Fache Cerdon to the Rondeau Cerdon. But it's less available around these parts, it seems. But both do the trick :P.

And I have it in stock, too. ;) The best description that I've heard of it is that it is, "as lovely as a little girl's party dress". :)

The F.R.V. 100 is higher in acidity and less earthy than Cerdon de Bugey. Lots of strawberry. Same level of alcohol, though. Both very pretty and refreshing. Nice to have around in typical July/August Washington, D.C. weather where refreshment, rather than inebriation, is the order of the day.

Gubeen and I have killed a couple bottles of the Renardat since last year, having first encountered it in NYC and applying the principle of shopping-based-on-the-back-label expounded by Rocks in one of his earlier Washingtonian columns. Not surprisingly, it's a Louis/Dressner selection.

Like Jake, I haven't yet encountered a CdB I didn't like, but the Renardat-Fache really is stellar. It's NV, so choose a reputable retailer.

The last time I tried Bugey was at a highway chain restaurant while getting gas just before crossing the border into Switzerland. I can't remember anything about the wine, but I never thought I would be reading about it here. I suppose there's Bugey and then there's Bugey.

Cerdon de Bugey is not the only wine from the Bugey that comes into the States. Franck Peillot makes stellar Mondeuse (red) and Altesse (white from Roussette). Another Dressner joint, natch. Available in NYC, not sure about around here any more. I'm sure there are others as well.

I suppose there's Bugey and then there's Bugey.

OK, wine guys - what's your opinion of Vin du Bugey-Cerdon "La Cueille"? (Produced by Bottex, imported by Kermit Lynch). I ask because it's my standard go-to summer sparkling refresher. Have I just outed myself as a cluebag who just doesn't get it? And most important: what others should I try for my own edification?