"Secret Chef" society

Joe Riley

Did anyone else happen to catch this little item on News 4 last night? Apparently, for some time now, once per month many of the top chefs in the area gather together late at night (around midnight) at a different restaurant and they cook for each other. The only rule appears to be that they each bring 2 bottles of wine, and no "shop talk". It appears to be a wonderful networking and bonding experience for them.

They showed several of this area's best chefs, including Todd Gray of Equinox, Roberto Donna of Galileo and Bebo, Ris Lacoste (the only female chef there), Cathal Armstrong, and some others I'd heard of but whose names aren't coming to the forefront of my mind just this second.

Very cool to see, and I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to the stories and talk flying around that table.

Did anyone else happen to catch this little item on News 4 last night? Apparently, for some time now, once per month many of the top chefs in the area gather together late at night (around midnight) at a different restaurant and they cook for each other. The only rule appears to be that they each bring 2 bottles of wine, and no "shop talk". It appears to be a wonderful networking and bonding experience for them.

They showed several of this area's best chefs, including Todd Gray of Equinox, Roberto Donna of Galileo and Bebo, Ris Lacoste (the only female chef there), Cathal Armstrong, and some others I'd heard of but whose names aren't coming to the forefront of my mind just this second.

Very cool to see, and I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to the stories and talk flying around that table.

I didn't see that piece, but it's previously been written about. I read about it a few years ago in the Post or Post magazine, I think.