Local Chefs/Cookbook Authors

Biscuit Girl

Hi all.

I need your assistance. For those who don't know me, I work as a librarian in Fairfax County. Several of us librarians are responsible for keeping parts of our systems webpage up to date. My section is under our "Good Reading" area and my topic is Cookbooks. No surprise to some.

I always try to add something new to this list and thought this time I should include cookbooks that have been written by DC's own talented chefs. I have several names so far but did not want to exclude anyone.

And here is where I need your help. Does anyone know of a chef that I have left off this list?

Here is who I have so far:

Michel Richard

Fabio Trabocchi

Bob Kinkead

Jose Andres

Patrick O’Connell

Who am I missing?

I don't know if this fits, but there was an L'Auberge Chez Francois cookbook. It's pretty old in comparison, but prolly still a goodie. My parents have one.

Great suggestion! I looked in our system but unfortunately we only have one copy. But....I did find another one written by Jacques Haeringer and we have plenty of copies so I'll add it to my list. It's called Two For Tonight: pure romance from L'Auberge Chez Francois.

Thanks!

Hi all.

I need your assistance. For those who don't know me, I work as a librarian in Fairfax County. Several of us librarians are responsible for keeping parts of our systems webpage up to date. My section is under our "Good Reading" area and my topic is Cookbooks. No surprise to some.

I always try to add something new to this list and thought this time I should include cookbooks that have been written by DC's own talented chefs. I have several names so far but did not want to exclude anyone.

And here is where I need your help. Does anyone know of a chef that I have left off this list?

Here is who I have so far:

Michel Richard

Fabio Trabocchi

Bob Kinkead

Jose Andres

Patrick O’Connell

Who am I missing?

Lisa Yockelson, Nancy Baggett...both baking books and then there is Naj Batamanjli for Persian food. Come October you can add a book I helped compile that has recipes from culinary greats in the area: Michel Richard, Nora Pouillon, José Andres, Francios Dionot, Kat Fukushima, Sheilah Kaufmann, and the other authors mentioned above. The cookbook is called YUM- tasty recipes from culinary greats.

Sorry about the above reply, still getting the hang of this site.

Thanks everyone! I added several of the books you suggested and have some of the soon-to-be published ones waiting in the wings. If the library system orders them, I'll add them to the list as well.

My old list is still up for those who want to see it, hopefully the new one will be added in a week or two. I'll repost when it is.