Frogs and Friends, Chef-Owner Françoise La Caze on State Routes 55 and 709 in Marshall, Virginia - Closed

Twinsdaddy said:
The French Hound serves lunch on Saturday. It's a great little spot.

http://www.thefrenchhound.com/

While out that way, does anybody ever go to Frog & Friends just outside Marshall? I always get the road names mixed up, I think it's roughly where the Belvoir Road intersects 55, near the livestock auction.

My wife and I and my stepdaughter had a pleasant late lunch there a couple years ago, seems like at that time the then-new owners had just taken it over. It had declined, I think people said, prior to that, but these young guys had Citronelle connections and big ideas for getting Frog & Friends on track, though I believe they were maybe a little under capitalized....

sort of country French I'd say.

ETA--Ach I DO always screw up the road names, it's the Zulla Road, rte 709 & VA 55.

southdenverhoo said:
While out that way, does anybody ever go to Frog & Friends just outside Marshall? I always get the road names mixed up, I think it's roughly where the Belvoir Road intersects 55, near the livestock auction.

My wife and I and my stepdaughter had a pleasant late lunch there a couple years ago, seems like at that time the then-new owners had just taken it over. It had declined, I think people said, prior to that, but these young guys had Citronelle connections and big ideas for getting Frog & Friends on track, though I believe they were maybe a little under capitalized....

sort of country French I'd say.

ETA--Ach I DO always screw up the road names, it's the Zulla Road, rte 709 & VA 55.

We haven't been in years, but I see they now have a Web site: http://www.frogsandfriends.net

The menu looks to be more country than French these days.