Googling Restaurants

DonRocks

Well, maybe you guys knew this, but I sure didn't.

If you send a text message to number 466453 (which spells "Google"), and type the name and city of the restaurant in the body of the text message, then you'll get a text message sent back to you with the name, address, and phone number of the restaurant.

For example, try typing "Citronelle Washington DC" as a message and send it. See what happens!

This is revelatory,

Rocks.

Well, maybe you guys knew this, but I sure didn't.

If you send a text message to number 466453 (which spells "Google"), and type the name and city of the restaurant in the body of the text message, then you'll get a text message sent back to you with the name, address, and phone number of the restaurant.

For example, try typing "Citronelle Washington DC" as a message and send it. See what happens!

This is revelatory,

Rocks.

You're about 12-18 months late :-) Prior to my carrying around a CrackBerry (so I just use Google Maps instead) I used text Google religiously for addresses and phone numbers. I've had very good results with it, only having been let down a time or two which were mostly my fault as I didn't get the spelling close enough for Google to figure it out.

If you don't want to pay for a text or are driving (I know ya'll don't drive and text), try calling 800-GOOG-411. The voice recognition program does a pretty good job of getting your restaurant if you are reasonably articulate, and they let you review the address or connect you to the phone number. All free!