Market Salamander, Gourmet Foodstuffs and Made-To-Order Sandwiches in Middleburg

Mr. MV and I drove to Middleburg over the Labor Day weekend for a nice afternoon trip. The weather was gorgeous and the crowd in town was not bad at all. We had a late lunch at Market Salamander, which I've been wanting to check out for a while now. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. It comes dressed with a thin tomato based bbq sauce which is a bit tangy. It's topped with red cabbage coleslaw and served on a warm kaiser roll. I enjoyed every last bit of the juicy tender pork.The red potato salad side was delicious with fresh tarragon.
Mr. MV had the crispy chicken BLT and gave it a thumbs up. We split a side of mac and cheese which was a bit boring despite it's creamy goodness.
Overall quite a cute place, especially the outdoor seating which allowed us to people watch.
2 sandwiches (with sides) + mac and cheese + 2 soft drinks = under $22

Mr. MV and I drove to Middleburg over the Labor Day weekend for a nice afternoon trip. The weather was gorgeous and the crowd in town was not bad at all. We had a late lunch at Market Salamander, which I've been wanting to check out for a while now. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. It comes dressed with a thin tomato based bbq sauce which is a bit tangy. It's topped with red cabbage coleslaw and served on a warm kaiser roll. I enjoyed every last bit of the juicy tender pork.The red potato salad side was delicious with fresh tarragon.

Mr. MV had the crispy chicken BLT and gave it a thumbs up. We split a side of mac and cheese which was a bit boring despite it's creamy goodness.

Overall quite a cute place, especially the outdoor seating which allowed us to people watch.

2 sandwiches (with sides) + mac and cheese + 2 soft drinks = under $22

We have also enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich -- tasty and quite generous too. Plus, there's always an interesting side dish or two in the case to try. Nice place.

I don't remember what sandwich I ordered (roast beef, maybe), but it wasn't anything memorable...obviously. The sides were good, though. Honestly, my wife and I liked our kids' chicken fingers better than our sandwiches. They were really good. I'll have to try the pulled pork next time.

It's a nice addition to Middleburg.