Sugar Plums

Barbara

Meanwhile, Firefly Farms is doing something new with their fresh chevre.  What they're not turning into Allegheny Chevre logs they're now whipping into two varieties of cheese spreads.  One was a sweet variety that I tasted, but can't recall the ingredients.  A great recommendation was to grill a peach and then spread some of this on it.

The other one, which I did buy, is made with roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes and herbs de provence.  Some scoops of that will find their way into some ravioli I am currently making.  (I'm on a wine break!  :P )

Edited to add that I learned all this from Dupont Market this AM.

This brings up something I've been thinking about: I bought a quart of "sugar plums" at the Columbia Road farmers' market last week and again yesterday. I just love these bite-size plums, about the size of a large cherry tomato. At dinner this evening, I asked Craig what he thought about my pitting them and filling them with a soft cheese mixture. Specifially, I was thinking of goat cheese mixed with something. (As an aside, I have some cream cheese I bought a while ago to make a cheesecake, which didn't happen.)

Does anyone have some ideas about this?

This brings up something I've been thinking about:  I bought a quart of "sugar plums" at the Columbia Road farmers' market last week and again yesterday.  I just love these bite-size plums, about the size of a large cherry tomato.  At dinner this evening, I asked Craig what he thought about my pitting them and filling them with a soft cheese mixture.  Specifially, I was thinking of goat cheese mixed with something.  (As an aside, I have some cream cheese I bought a while ago to make a cheesecake, which didn't happen.)

Does anyone have some ideas about this?

How about mascarpone with some sort of almond flavoring? or some lemon zest mixed in?

How about mascarpone with some sort of almond flavoring?  or some lemon zest mixed in?

I suppose I'm looking for something a bit more "savory", rather than sweet. Sort of a combination of "fruit and cheese" in one mouthful.