Keswick Creamery at Carrock Farm

Do you know if they hit other markets in the area?  Good to know they're making tasty cheddar.  That Keswick Creamery stuff at Dupont is inedible.  I think it's like eating clay.

That is a question I didn't ask. I agree with you about Keswick cheddar. Nice folks, though. And I sometimes buy veal bones and veal liver from them.

For us breeders, who spend hundreds of mornings a year waking up at 6:30 and car-pooling the kids to school, 9AM is the moral equivalent of noon. Plus, if you don't pull yourself out of bed in time, all the good tomatoes are gone. Anyone who can't shop with dry heaves and a headache the size of Uzbekistan is a wuss. Plus, the Bloody Marys at Trio are cheap,as long as you're in the 'hood.

New to me this week.

Picked up some really good yogurt at Keswick Creamery.

PS - 6:30?!? I'll always knew that you were lazy Waitman. :)

What's the egg situation with Keswick?

They're still selling eggs, but never have many, especially at this time of year. Rumored to be coated w hand-burnished 22 K goldleaf w yolks the color of pumpkins butternut squash (flesh, roasted), long-standing, regular customers who show up at 9:45 might have the best luck. I've never had the privilege myself.

They're still selling eggs, but never have many, especially at this time of year. Rumored to be coated w hand-burnished 22 K goldleaf w yolks the color of pumpkins butternut squash (flesh, roasted), long-standing, regular customers who show up at 9:45 might have the best luck. I've never had the privilege myself.

Thanks, AB. When I've been fortunate to get their eggs, I've arrived early and was given a dozen to hold onto until the bell rings. I feel the need to treat myself to some of those pumpkin yolks!

From the Mt. Pleasant FM Newletter

About to lose the Farm? :)

News:

Like so many small family farmers and dairy farmers across the country, Keswick Creamery is on the verge of losing their farm. But it’s not that business has been slow– they’re actually growing and getting lots of great press– but Mel’s parents are divorcing, and her father is looking to quickly cash out his half of the farm. If Mel and Mark don’t raise 0,000 by September 1st to buy out their share, the cows, machinery, and land will be put up for auction! To raise money they offering a great deal on a cheese CSA with farmers’ market coupons or home delivery!

From the Mt. Pleasant FM Newletter

About to lose the Farm? :)

News:

Like so many small family farmers and dairy farmers across the country, Keswick Creamery is on the verge of losing their farm. But it’s not that business has been slow– they’re actually growing and getting lots of great press– but Mel’s parents are divorcing, and her father is looking to quickly cash out his half of the farm. If Mel and Mark don’t raise 0,000 by September 1st to buy out their share, the cows, machinery, and land will be put up for auction! To raise money they offering a great deal on a cheese CSA with farmers’ market coupons or home delivery!

But if you want to help them raise the 300,000 dollars they need to buy out Mel's father, then subscribe to their cheese CSA. You get highly discounted vouchers to use at the markets or you can have a box delivered to your home several times a year. A great deal. This would make a wonderful gift for out of towners as well. Here is the link

Here is where to find out the details:

http://keswickcreamery.com/Save%20Our%20Family%20Farm.html (If the link does not work, go to Keswickcreamery.com):

But if you want to help them raise the 300,000 dollars they need to buy out Mel's father, then subscribe to their cheese CSA. You get highly discounted vouchers to use at the markets or you can have a box delivered to your home several times a year. A great deal. This would make a wonderful gift for out of towners as well. Here is the link

Here is where to find out the details:

http://keswickcreamery.com/Save%20Our%20Family%20Farm.html (If the link does not work, go to Keswickcreamery.com):

I've been a fan of Keswick from day one, and their eggs have been a highlight of my visits to the Dupont market, not to mention all of their cheeses! Will support and hope they can keep their farm.

I've been a fan of Keswick from day one, and their eggs have been a highlight of my visits to the Dupont market, not to mention all of their cheeses! Will support and hope they can keep their farm.

that's great! They need all of us to support them with a subscription. If you buy from them even occasionally, their subscription vouchers are a real deal for excellent cheese.

sorry to report that last week I was told: "no more eggs."

Oh shoot! I spoke with Melanie several weeks ago and she said no eggs for a while because they were hatching their own and waiting for hens to grow (or something to that effect). Thanks for the update-I won't be screeching my wheels around Washington Circle to get there before opening then :)

Um, the subscription keeps calling out to me, but I don't consume that much cheese and well, it's nice to split it with someone. So, if anyone wants to split a duke (I think that's the basic one) share, please PM me. I would like to help.

Mr. MV and I bought a Duke. I'm just thinking out loud here, but Keswick will deliver their cheeses, so you could use it for gifts as well as your own enjoyment.

Mr. MV and I bought a Duke. I'm just thinking out loud here, but Keswick will deliver their cheeses, so you could use it for gifts as well as your own enjoyment.

Typically, that is true, but I lack friends or colleagues that like cheeses. (I get the <groan> any time I ask friends if they want to order the cheese plate on the menu.)

So, I guess I need new friends. (Bribery by cheese?)