Energy Drinks

ol_ironstomach

I find that the vast majority of so-called energy drinks in the skinny cans (i.e. Red Bull) taste like crap...or at least disturbingly like TheraFlu, which itself tastes like crap. No wonder people use them as mixers. Anybody found one that's actually palatable and available locally?

I encountered one in Colorado that was actually good-tasting (5% cherry juice), but appears to suffer from a limited distribution area. Their website audio is annoying though: Bing energy drink.

I find that the vast majority of so-called energy drinks in the skinny cans (i.e. Red Bull) taste like crap...or at least disturbingly like TheraFlu, which itself tastes like crap. No wonder people use them as mixers. Anybody found one that's actually palatable and available locally?

I encountered one in Colorado that was actually good-tasting (5% cherry juice), but appears to suffer from a limited distribution area. Their website audio is annoying though: Bing energy drink.

I've actually developed a taste for Red Bull, but I'm drinking less and less of these drinks these days (drinking less soda too). Recently, on a 7 hour road trip, I tried Coca-Cola's version called "Full Throttle." It was pretty good, tasting a bit like Mountain Dew with a bit more sour bite to it. I haven't branched out beyond this, and probably won't.