The Golden Clog Awards

Keithstg

To be honest, I used to like Bourdain a lot, when I read Kitchen Confidential several years ago, I loved it. But, this is going a bit too far. Of course, he is free to do whatever he wants, but that doesn't always make it right.

He continually will club someone like Rachael Ray, who I don't like at all, but respect for what she does well...bringing people back to the kitchen and away from the fast food joints. She may be annoying, but she is a net positive to the food industry.

The funny thing is, is Bourdain really all that different from Rachael Ray? Rachael Ray, Sandra Lee and dozens of clones out there are successful because of a growing trend in society - easy to do cooking and entertaining, something that Bourdain obviously dislikes. But, on the flip side, why is Bourdain popular? Because he is part of the growing trend of people who get paid for grilling the hell out of other people, just like Simon Cowell or Joan Rivers on the red carpet or whoever.

Society is becoming one continual bashing session and people are profiting off it, not exactly what I would consider constructive.

To be honest, I used to like Bourdain a lot, when I read Kitchen Confidential several years ago, I loved it. But, this is going a bit too far. Of course, he is free to do whatever he wants, but that doesn't always make it right.

He continually will club someone like Rachael Ray, who I don't like at all, but respect for what she does well...bringing people back to the kitchen and away from the fast food joints. She may be annoying, but she is a net positive to the food industry.

The funny thing is, is Bourdain really all that different from Rachael Ray? Rachael Ray, Sandra Lee and dozens of clones out there are successful because of a growing trend in society - easy to do cooking and entertaining, something that Bourdain obviously dislikes. But, on the flip side, why is Bourdain popular? Because he is part of the growing trend of people who get paid for grilling the hell out of other people, just like Simon Cowell or Joan Rivers on the red carpet or whoever.

Society is becoming one continual bashing session and people are profiting off it, not exactly what I would consider constructive.

Actually, having actually clicked on the link, I was surprised to find that most of the awards they're actually talking about are positives, not bashing at all. Of course, there are "many more to come," but the lineup so far is quite tame.

Did you notice that one of the nominees for the "Chef's Chef Award" is 'Scott Bryan for Veritas and now--some place in Virginia'?

I wasn't sure if that referred to Chef Bryan's next restaurant, which hasn't come to fruition yet, or the fact that he chooses to cook in the burbs. Vetri is totally deserving.

Overall, the awards are snarkalicious :mellow: