Olney Farmer's Market

Beto

Due to the tireless efforts of Janet Terry, the market master, Olney now has a farmer's market that will be opening this Sunday, October 7th. It will be running every Sunday until November 18th, then will pick back up in the spring.

In the interests of full disclosure, I'll let you know that we will be selling our roasted coffee there.

Market Website

Olney Gazette article

The Olney Farmers Market will be opening for the '08 season this Sunday, May 4th. We expect almost 30 vendors to be participating this year, not including special guests. Joan Nathan, winner of 2 James Beard awards for the best American cookbook and James Beard nominee for Best National Television Food Show, will be here for a special appearance.

Make sure and try some chevre from Cherry Glen Farms. It's the absolute best goat cheese I've ever had.

We hope to see you and if you come, stop by our coffee booth and introduce yourself, we'd love to meet some fellow Don Rockwell members!

Olney Farmers Market

The Olney Farmers and Artists Market is a relatively new market in its second year at the Olney Town Center, Route 108 (Olney-Sandy Spring Road) and Spartan Road in Olney, Md in northern Montgomery County. The market is distinctive in that it offers fresh produce, food vendors, artists, children's activities, live music and weekly chef demonstrations with area chefs and cook book authors. The market's website is www.olneyfarmersmarket.org, and it's open May through mid-November on Sundays from 9 am to 1 pm.

Since we're a relatively new market, we're still struggling with building audience and getting broader attention. If you have any suggestions, I'd be delighted to hear your comments.

Thanks!