Shoebox Oven

DLB

There is a new vendor at the Arlington Farmers Market, Shoe Box Oven I think is the name. Some of the Items are a little expensive but the bakes goods that I have tried the last few weeks have been really good, and taste of real quality! I tried the Champagne Brownies a few weeks, and they were great, this past Saturday there were mini almond cakes with pecans. Most items I saw were around $6. Check it out!

http://www.shoeboxoven.com/

There is a new vendor at the Arlington Farmers Market, Shoe Box Oven I think is the name. Some of the Items are a little expensive but the bakes goods that I have tried the last few weeks have been really good, and taste of real quality! I tried the Champagne Brownies a few weeks, and they were great, this past Saturday there were mini almond cakes with pecans. Most items I saw were around $6. Check it out!

http://www.shoeboxoven.com/

Went to AFM yesterday and headed over to Shoe Box Oven - sampled a couple different things and ended up buying some Apricot Tarts and Jalapeno/Cheddar bites ...they are awesome. Talked to the owners as they were looking for feedback and I was the 2nd in a row to mention that I heard about them from DonRocks.com - they send their thanks and hope to see more DonRocks members in the future...

Yesterday I was honored and priveliged to be working at Shoebox Oven Bakery at the Arlington Farmer's Market with our newest resident celebrity, Krishna Brown and on behalf of her, I want to thank all the DonRocks people who came by to visit and or buy. It was a great day and we sold out of everything by 11:30. Special thanks to Mr. Landrum for continuing to let her bake at RTS. There were so many new faces interested in her products yesterday that I think she might have to bake double for next Saturday. I know I'll be back there working behind the scenes from 7-12 - hope to see all of you there too.

It was a great day and we sold out of everything by 11:30.
11:30!?! Heck, I was there at around 10:30 and all that was left was one bag of the bombom Caramelo (YUM!!!) and a couple packages of Prussians. (Unless there was some secret stash that required a password to gain access :) ) I really wanted some of those brownies I had tried at the "Flea Market".

I guess I'll just have to get there earlier next time. It's nice to see how well this "very tiny merry" business is doing!

11:30!?! Heck, I was there at around 10:30 and all that was left was one bag of the bombom Caramelo (YUM!!!) and a couple packages of Prussians. (Unless there was some secret stash that required a password to gain access :) ) I really wanted some of those brownies I had tried at the "Flea Market".

I guess I'll just have to get there earlier next time. It's nice to see how well this "very tiny merry" business is doing!

Golden,you're right about the stock at 10:30 - it took us about an hr of schmoozing and selling every last glass of lemonadebefore we sold the last bag of Prussians. If it wasn't for the fact that there was issues with the ovens at RTS and the fact that KB wasn't able to bake as much as she wanted - we "might" have had more stock when you passed by at 10:30 - mind you "might" being the operative word here seeing that we kept telling people to email in orders for stuff that we were sure to have like the infamous brownies and we'd be happy to hold them aside, especially for our repeat buyers...take that into consideration for next weekend. Oye, I forsee another busy Saturday morning - can't wait!!! :lol:

If you are looking to pick up a few sundries and pastries for breakfast this Saturday,

come by the ShoeBox Oven canopy at the Arlington Farmer's Market

Saturday, June 23 at the Arlington Farmer's Market (8am to Noon):

Chelsea Buns

Chevre and Herb Quiches

Oeuf Cocotte "chick egg" tarts

Viennese Rolls

Polenta Timbales

White Cheddar, Herb and Bacon Timbales

Fig and Toasted Sesame Jam

Strawberry and Lavendar Jam

Blackberry and Orange Jam

Japanese Sesame and Catupiry Pão de queijos

Amor and Samurai Chocolate

White Chocolate Crunch

Chocolate Pound Cakes

Madeleines

Orange ShortBread Cookies

and more depending on what else the oven can bake between now and Saturday morning. Hope you can come by for breakfast. Jammies and fuzzy slippers accepted.