Buzz and Ned's

hm212

About a year ago there was a thread (couldn't find it to resurect) about a road trip to Richmond for Buzz and Neds BBQ. I had long since forgotten about it and the other day Food Network replayed the smackdown of Buzz and Bobby Flay making BBQ Ribs.

Buzz kicked Flay's ass!!!!

Did anyone ever get down there do try out the Ribs in person. I have a friend who live is Richmond and she told me Buzz's BBQ is great, so I think a road trip is order one of these weekends.

About a year ago there was a thread (couldn't find it to resurect) about a road trip to Richmond for Buzz and Neds BBQ. I had long since forgotten about it and the other day Food Network replayed the smackdown of Buzz and Bobby Flay making BBQ Ribs.

Buzz kicked Flay's ass!!!!

Did anyone ever get down there do try out the Ribs in person. I have a friend who live is Richmond and she told me Buzz's BBQ is great, so I think a road trip is order one of these weekends.

I have some in my freezer. :blink:

Does anyone want to organize a trip? Maybe we can pitch in for a bus?

NQD and I went last night, in a group of eight adults and one child. Our baby back ribs were excellent - great flavor, tender enough to easily pull from the bone (not "falli ng off"), and very, very meaty. Didn't try the pulled pork, but those who did loved it. One of our group devoured a slab of beef ribs at an amazing pace, and said they were very good, but I'm not sure he actually had time to taste them. Fries were crisp, peppery and vinegary - very nice. Decent onion rings, mac-and-cheese was well executed, not exactly inspired, but good.

Very long lines at 6:30 on a Saturday, and it's definitely not fast food, but damn good. We'll definitely be back. Is it worth a bus trip? For those who wouldn't normally get down to Richmond, yeah, it is.

And no, we weren't the only DR.com members there last night! Didn't get to meet Buz, he went home after a catering job.

NQD and I went last night, in a group of eight adults and one child. Our baby back ribs were excellent - great flavor, tender enough to easily pull from the bone (not "falli ng off"), and very, very meaty. Didn't try the pulled pork, but those who did loved it. One of our group devoured a slab of beef ribs at an amazing pace, and said they were very good, but I'm not sure he actually had time to taste them. Fries were crisp, peppery and vinegary - very nice. Decent onion rings, mac-and-cheese was well executed, not exactly inspired, but good.

Very long lines at 6:30 on a Saturday, and it's definitely not fast food, but damn good. We'll definitely be back. Is it worth a bus trip? For those who wouldn't normally get down to Richmond, yeah, it is.

And no, we weren't the only DR.com members there last night! Didn't get to meet Buz, he went home after a catering job.

Despite taking a very long time (1 hour) to get our food it was enjoyable. We shared some spare ribs and a brisket sandwich with sides of slaw, fries, hushpuppies, and the bourbon apples. The meat was very good and the sides were tasty. Looking forward to being down that way again.

Got a pint of greens and pulled pork to take home. I am glad that I did. :blink: