Chicha

Does anyone know a place to get chicha?

Been talking to the guy at Don Arturo's who originally promised it, but may not be able to get it. For those who don't know... though it's a Spanish word that refers to any type of fermented drink, we're looking specifically for the type made with corn. Apparently in Bolivia, the oldest woman in the village spits into the concoction to get it started. Although, my friend told me that baby poop has also been used for fast fermentation. Eww...

My wife is in Peru right now, and I'm eagerly awaiting a report on this drink. Where she is (Cusco), they supposedly use strawberries - much more appetizing than spit or s**t.
Yeah from what I've been reading chicha is a pretty universal name, and the stuff in Peru that you can also find in Peruvian places around here is usually not alcoholic.

Yeah from what I've been reading chicha is a pretty universal name, and the stuff in Peru that you can also find in Peruvian places around here is usually not alcoholic.

My friend found a source for chicha. Most of the ones he'd tried were really edgy about selling it, because it seems that a lot of other people had gotten in trouble for it. Rather than being made out of corn it was out of quinoa. The taste reminded me mostly of off fruit juice. It wasn't too bad.

My friend found a source for chicha. Most of the ones he'd tried were really edgy about selling it, because it seems that a lot of other people had gotten in trouble for it. Rather than being made out of corn it was out of quinoa. The taste reminded me mostly of off fruit juice. It wasn't too bad.

It's not bad at all. Just took a sample of this stuff and the hydrometer reading is 1.004 (pretty frickin dry). The acidity is more pronounced now than it was two weeks ago, but the aroma is woodsy and funky and just plain really interesting. I like chicha.

It's not bad at all. Just took a sample of this stuff and the hydrometer reading is 1.004 (pretty frickin dry). The acidity is more pronounced now than it was two weeks ago, but the aroma is woodsy and funky and just plain really interesting. I like chicha.

This stuff was begging to be consumed in excess, I say you should quit telling everyone about it and bring the rest over here for safe keeping :(