Bethesda Market, New FRESHFARM Market

In Bethesda the have on Tuesday mornings (10-2) what they call a Farmer's Market (does not seem to be on any list). They do have a few tables with some baked goods and a little produce.

I walked out for a minute (until the rain started again) and they have added a crepe wagon. Today was his first day and he said he would be there every Tuesday through labor day. Due to the weather I did not get today, but next Tuesday I will be on a mission.

In Bethesda the have on Tuesday mornings (10-2) what they call a Farmer's Market (does not seem to be on any list). They do have a few tables with some baked goods and a little produce.

I walked out for a minute (until the rain started again) and they have added a crepe wagon. Today was his first day and he said he would be there every Tuesday through labor day. Due to the weather I did not get today, but next Tuesday I will be on a mission.

Here's the MoCo Agricultural Services' web site that lists the Bethesda Tuesday market:

MoCo Farmer's Markets with links

I noted Heather's comment about the Rockville Towncenter market.

Don't bother. The Rockville market does not hold a candle to the Arlington market. It sucks.
Any good farmer's markets in MoCo? Haven't been able to get to Dupont Sundays.

ETA: OMG this is my 100th post - ventworm

This one is in the patio area outside of the Burger Joint place, and it's every tuesday and sunday from 10-3.

The highlight for me is the crepes! They have sweet ones with some of the usual fillings (strawberry, chocoloate, nutella) but the savory ones are great too. I had one yesterday with spinach, tomatoes, feta and red onions and it was great.

I'd call this a 'micro' farmer's market. I just went there yesterday. Maybe 3-4 'stalls' plus the crepe place (long lines). I bought a gorgeous brandywine tomato and some 'local' honey (well, local to Gettysburg-ish). Glad to be in walking distance of some good fresh stuff again (even if the season is going to soon start to rapidly close....).

BOOOO! That is just awful! I LOVE that little market. I went almost every week and bought probably every other week. BOOO!

This sucks, my office is around the corner and I loved walking out there on Tuesday afternoon for a snack.

It's official:

The new Bethesda FRESHFARM Market is a joint effort with the Bethesda

Urban Partnership and the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center. It will be located in Veteran's Park at Woodmont and Norfolk Avenues.... [The] market will be accepting WIC and Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program vouchers.

(Press release.) Launches Saturday, June 19 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and continues through October.

What is weird is there ae signs up saying there is a Farmer's Market there Tuesdays and Saturdays. I suspect this is left over from last year, but maybe there's still hope for a weekday market?

The FRESHFARM materials say only Saturday. Hmmm...a mystery to investigate.

The FRESHFARM materials say only Saturday. Hmmm...a mystery to investigate.

Not a mystery. Only one day. None of the locations of FFM runs twice a week. I'm looking at one of their cards for the 2010 season and the only one that will be held on Tuesday is in Crystal City.

Not a mystery. Only one day. None of the locations of FFM runs twice a week. I'm looking at one of their cards for the 2010 season and the only one that will be held on Tuesday is in Crystal City.

But the sign is a mystery! ;) No, I think Pool Boy is right that it's most likely a remnant, and not a sign that belongs to FFM; I can't find anything indicating a second market in the same space in Bethesda on a weekday.