Breaking News

DonRocks

There has been a flurry of activity lately which, when taken as a whole, is fairly substantial:

Adam Curling has left Citronelle as Assistant Sommelier, and is now at BLT Steak, where he'll be replacing sommelier Dan Warrilow, who will be leaving to open the Los Angeles branch, reportedly running behind in their opening schedule.

Replacing Adam as the new Assistant Sommelier at Citronelle will be David Hale, who's coming to the area from Indianapolis.

Persistent rumors have been circulating about a high-profile mixologist/sommelier leaving a well-known restaurant. They are false.

But there are two blockbusters that I can confirm:

Kathy Morgan, a mere Champagne-pour away from having become the only Master Sommelier in the Washington, DC area, has left 2941 to pursue her studies. Go Kathy!

After ten years, Doug Mohr will be stepping down from Vidalia in the next few weeks, moving on to a position at Henry Wine Group. The reason? His sons are now nine and eleven, and after ten years of keeping restaurant hours, he simply wants to spend some more time with his family.

Cheers, and good luck to everyone.

Rocks.

You guys want me to drop a couple more bombs on you?

Esther "Malia" Millstead has left The Source to go open a Puck restaurant out in Las Vegas.

David Bueno is leaving Taberna del Alabardero this week - going to CAFE MILANO! (Hope you're being paid well, Big D.)

Cheers!

Rocks.

Esther "Malia" Millstead has left The Source to go open a Puck restaurant out in Las Vegas.
Was she the sommelier there? If so, it's no big loss. A bunch of wino friends of mine planned to have dinner there and I think were coordinating with her the wines and the meal and she really rubbed them so much the wrong way (which is hard to do sonsidering the guys in questin as they are quite laid back) that they went to Brasserie Beck instead. The GM of the Source, it should be noted, did make things right by ordering some wine from BB's list for the group gratis with the GMs compliments...

"Was she the sommelier there? If so, it's no big loss."

Malia was, for a brief time, a refreshing person to meet. I went to The Source (upstairs) witha gaggle of girlfriends who admittedly weren't wine experts, but anxious to learn. Mali was not only helpful but patient, unpretentious and let us try a variety of suggested pairings for our meals. She made everyone at the table feel so comfortable. My friends came away discussing wine, how they'd come back to The Source merely for her guidance/camaraderie. The duckling helped, too.

She is a gem who will be missed.

Malia was, for a brief time, a refreshing person to meet. I went to The Source (upstairs) witha gaggle of girlfriends who admittedly weren't wine experts, but anxious to learn. Mali was not only helpful but patient, unpretentious and let us try a variety of suggested pairings for our meals. She made everyone at the table feel so comfortable. My friends came away discussing wine, how they'd come back to The Source merely for her guidance/camaraderie. The duckling helped, too.

She is a gem who will be missed.

We thought she was delightful when we were there early on. She was very helpful and seemed kind of California laid-back. My husband was convinced that she was only there for a fairly short time while they were getting off the ground. He doesn't read the food boards, but he was apparently onto something :mellow:.

After ten years, Doug Mohr will be stepping down from Vidalia in the next few weeks, moving on to a position at Henry Wine Group. The reason? His sons are now nine and eleven, and after ten years of keeping restaurant hours, he simply wants to spend some more time with his family.

We all know where we heard it first. click

As people on the Post website have commented, Gina's loss is a real blow. She was definitely a big part of the reason i enjoyed going to Rasika. I can't wait to hear where she turns up next.

Ditto. When debating between Rasika and elsewhere, Gina was always the tie breaker. If anyone finds out where she goes, please fill us in!

What's Kathy Morgan studying? and where?

Not sure where but I am sure that she is taking some time off. This girl has an excellent pallet, nose and really knows her stuff. She'll land on her feet somewhere close by. She'll be just fine wherever she turns up.

This girl has an excellent pallet, nose and really knows her stuff.
Another excellent pallet (purple object at center)
Pancia di Ferro, si calma! Per la maggiore parte, ti trovo simpatico, piena della gentillesse, dunque, forse tu non vedi che lui è da Torino? Quando tu scrivi in italiano, sono tutte le lettere di ogni parola perfettissime? Come le mei :mellow: ?

Può darsi che una mattina con Castiglione sia di valore.

Pancia di Ferro, si calma! Per la maggiore parte, ti trovo simpatico, piena della gentillesse, dunque, forse tu non vedi che lui è da Torino?

...then I hope he's not the one responsible for designing the SPICA injection in my old Alfa :mellow:

Just kidding! Juventino, mi scusi. And welcome to the board.

Pancia di Ferro, si calma! Per la maggiore parte, ti trovo simpatico, piena della gentillesse, dunque, forse tu non vedi che lui è da Torino? Quando tu scrivi in italiano, sono tutte le lettere di ogni parola perfettissime? Come le mei :mellow: ?

Può darsi che una mattina con Castiglione sia di valore.

Grazie Anna. Io so che Totti non e Juventino, forse cambio il mio avatar per te. :)

post-4126-1204515095_thumb.jpg

...then I hope he's not the one responsible for designing the SPICA injection in my old Alfa :mellow:

Just kidding! Juventino, mi scusi. And welcome to the board.

No problem pancha! I was simply giving Kathy her deserved compliments on her fine wooden pallet :) Thank you for the welcome, I've been lurking for quite some time and have taken the plunge.

How could I forget my Somm and buddy Ed Jenks taking over the head Somm job over at Vidalia? Ed leaves 2941 to move over into DC. He's very good and has a way with hand crafted beers.

If this was posted elsewhere..................I do apologize.