Fruit And Vegetable Pulp

synaesthesia

I just juiced over a pound of carrots. I now have an overabundance carrot pulp that I think would be wasteful to discard. I've thought about carrot cake and saving some for soups. If it were more of a savory veg I would use it in a dip... or maybe make some of the savory Afghan yogurt sauce for baked pumpkin. Any other ideas?

Okay, on a more serious note, I might sauté some of it with minced shallots and a few spices such as cumin, coriander and spicy red pepper of choice, then mix it in with bulgur or couscous and chickpeas for a salad. Big squirt of lemon juice. Vary seasonings--or omit them altogether--and toss in pomegranate seeds. Goat cheese and pistachios...

Meatloaf. You could also mix some with chopped onion, currants, pine nuts and ground meats, etc. and fill a yeasted dough made with olive oil. Make little savory lunch treats. Brush w egg wash before baking.

The "paper" recommendation might not be far off the mark. Some years ago, I had a juicer that did a remarkable job of extracting every bit of moisture and flavor from carrot pulp. It was pure fiber afterward, dry and tasteless. It made a great addition to the compost heap, however.

Here's another idea. Someone back from Paris sent a small can of this, though made with rabbit, Armagnac and basil instead of pheasant. See the word "Karottenfasern"? The English on the side of the box reads "carrot fiber" ("fibre de carotte") and not grated carrots.

ETA: The link seems to go to log in page instead of displaying the product information. Item is one of Jean de Veyrac's terrines.