Sam Adams Utopias

anthonyh

Don't know where to try it around town, but Ferment Everything and I had quite a few glasses at the Extreme Beer Festival last week. Specially aged with cocoa nibs.

Samuel Adams Utopias aged on Cacao Nibs

EBF special! Sweet fire, with rich malt, wood complexity and subtle chocolate finish thanks to taking some Utopias that was still in wood at the Boston Brewery and adding some cacao nibs; the raw ingredient for chocolate. It was then aged for a few months. The result: the warm, sweet flavor with hints of vanilla, oak and caramel of Utopias is richly highlighted by the cocoa flavor and aroma from the nibs. It brings a whole new decadence to the world's strongest beer! 26.0%

Ferment, with the eagle eyes, spotted Jim Koch there. He was just a guest and not serving his beer. Got a chance to chat with him briefly. He was very friendly and happy to share some time with fans. (Everybody being a bit toasted on dozens of beers all over 10%, it was tough NOT to be friendly!)

Don't know where to try it around town, but Ferment Everything and I had quite a few glasses at the Extreme Beer Festival last week. Specially aged with cocoa nibs.

This was seriously delicious. One of the best in show (and just maybe the best thing I've had to drink in ages).