Oskar Blues Brewery

And

this came to my myspace from the Red Derby:

"Event Details:

We are very lucky to have amongst us, Mr. Wayne Anderson - Beer Guru extraordinaire who will be flying in from Oskar Blues Brewery in Lyons Colorado. Wayne will be on hand at Red Derby this Sunday [Feb. 17] from 7pm on (or until his jet-lag consumes him) to help your winter blues with some heartier stuff with the triumphant return of Old Chub in cans to our Winter Menu. We are really excited to get a chance to hang out with Wayne and sample the new Ten Fidy Stout, talk shop, and try to passive aggressively coerce him into sending more varieties of Oskar Blue's beers to the east coast (break out your brain-washing shoes).

We hope to see you all there on Sunday, as we'll have our usual Sidecar Sunday special along with some 2 dollar Dale's,Old chub,Gordon and the new Ten FIDY Imperial Russian stout,probably a few fun Oskar Blues giveaways on hand...Not to mention fresh,super-hoppy pale ale...

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2681/34483

Beer description:Ten FIDY Imperial stout is a titanic wonder of a stout, immensely viscous, and loaded with neck-deep flavors of chocolate, malt, coffee, cocoa and oats. It’s the beer equivalent of decadently rich milkshake made with Whoppers malted-milk balls and Heaven’s best chocolate ice cream. Ten FIDY is about 10% ABV and is made with enormous amounts of two-row malts, chocolate malts, roasted barley, flaked oats and hops. Ten FIDY’s huge-but-comforting flavors hide a whopping 98 IBUs that are deftly tucked underneath the beer’s mountains of malty goodness."

I'm planning on attending since I have Monday off, Dale's Pale Ale is a favorite of mine.

And if you can't make the Red Derby on Sunday, there is an Oskar Blues beer dinner at Birreria Paradiso (M St. Georgetown) tomorrow, February 18th. Visit www.eatyourpizza.com for more info.

And if you can't make either event...well, just get you some Ten Fidy. Imperial Stout in a can, and a damn good one at that. Should be making its way into the market very soon if it's not already everywhere.