Never Complain About the Service

The Doctor

Believe it or not, I was once party to a similar situation. It happened at Bentley's in College Park, many, many years ago - a couple of friends of mine (husband and wife) treated me to dinner, and although I don't remember the details, the server was terrible, and I think when they paid the check they might have stiffed her. Well, when their credit card receipt arrived in the mail, the server had scrawled "FUCK YOU!" in huge letters. They apparently called the restaurant, and the manager told them the server would be fired. I'm not sure what ever came of the situation, and haven't thought about it in ages, but reading this article gave me a good chuckle.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Joe Delucci's owner Mr Langsdon said the message had been meant to be seen only by kitchen staff and he did not know how it ended up as an item on the receipt.

As if that makes it acceptable...say what you want in the kitchen, but never write it down, d***head. :mellow:

What chaps me is he's willing to "donate the cost of their meal to charity". Well bully him, getting a tax write off. THEY didn't choose to donate their money. THEY choose to try to have a nice meal. They should be refunded entirely, at the least.