Coming Soon from Guinness: Guinness "Surge"

Joe Riley

Wait, so this little gadget requires special uncarbonated cans of Guinness? Or is there some advanced nano-technology voodoo magic that keeps the nitrogen molecules in suspension until summoned by the ultrasonic frequencies? I think they've finally discovered the magic of the Gillette razor distribution model! :mellow:

Seriously, though, I want one. It's the ultimate marriage of beer geekdom and garden variety geekdom.

Does anybody know if they're destined for these shores? What I could find on the Guinness site only mentions UK distribution. Not surprised that it's marketed in Japan; they're probably wondering what took so long ....

Wait, so this little gadget requires special uncarbonated cans of Guinness? Or is there some advanced nano-technology voodoo magic that keeps the nitrogen molecules in suspension until summoned by the ultrasonic frequencies? I think they've finally discovered the magic of the Gillette razor distribution model! :mellow:

Seriously, though, I want one. It's the ultimate marriage of beer geekdom and garden variety geekdom.

Does anybody know if they're destined for these shores? What I could find on the Guinness site only mentions UK distribution. Not surprised that it's marketed in Japan; they're probably wondering what took so long ....

I've had one of these Surge beers in, of all places, Poughkeepsie, NY! I thought the bartender was putting us on, but he put the special flat Guinness on a little platform like that, and it bubbled up like magic! Tasted just as good as draft, actually, and you never have to worry about dirty lines... though I wish the method wasn't so wasteful.

So I guess the bar apparatuses are here; I imagine the home set ups will soon follow.