Donna's Cafe.Coffee.Bar

A friend of mine and I dropped in at Donna's on Saturday night in Columbia. I've always liked the one on Mount Vernon in Baltimore for a weekend brunch and was surprised at how disappointed I was in this new location for dinner. The Feta Salad was pretty decent with crisp romaine, good cheese, and a light vinaigrette. But the burger was really weak. It was overcooked with something that tasted like bleu cheese but appeared as a sort of long ago precooked blob that was slapped on as it left the kitchen. The fries had no crispiness at all and were just barely warm.

I've been trying to wrap my head around a special I saw on the menu-- Mahi-mahi with goat cheese. :mellow: WTF? I don't remember the rest of the description because my brain just kind of ground to a halt as it tried reconcile the fish/goat combo. Is it just me or does that just not make any sense regardless of the other ingredients?

A friend of mine and I dropped in at Donna's on Saturday night in Columbia. I've always liked the one on Mount Vernon in Baltimore for a weekend brunch and was surprised at how disappointed I was in this new location for dinner. The Feta Salad was pretty decent with crisp romaine, good cheese, and a light vinaigrette. But the burger was really weak. It was overcooked with something that tasted like bleu cheese but appeared as a sort of long ago precooked blob that was slapped on as it left the kitchen. The fries had no crispiness at all and were just barely warm.

I've been trying to wrap my head around a special I saw on the menu-- Mahi-mahi with goat cheese. :mellow: WTF? I don't remember the rest of the description because my brain just kind of ground to a halt as it tried reconcile the fish/goat combo. Is it just me or does that just not make any sense regardless of the other ingredients?

That combination doesn't make sense to me either. When I was growing up though, fish sticks and Kraft mac & cheese were a great pairing!