Hu Tieu

I just got back from Hai Duong in Eden Center, where I had a bowl of Hu Tieu Nam Vang ($6.95) in my never-ending quest to relegate Pho and Sul Leung Tang to the trite food annals of yesteryear (F.F.C.).

Although this rendition was pleasant, the broth was redolent of bouillon, the shrimp was dead from being deep-frozen, the quail eggs were hard and rubbery, and the slices of pork liver were, in a word, nastissimo. Does anyone know where to get a good bowl of Hu Tieu in this area?

Cheers,

Rocks.

Sorry. You're doomed. Hu Tieu is never good out in a restaurant, in my opinion.

You should try the Bun Rieu (Tomato Soup with Crabmeat, Shrimp, Liver, and Vermicelli) on the West Side of Eden Center diagonally across from the Gift store. I also like Thanh Long in Saigon East for almost everything except the Banh Xeo.

There are not a lot of good options for Hu tieu in this area. Little Saigon is better than Hai Duong for sure. You can also try Viet bistro. I made them myself :mellow:

Sorry. You're doomed. Hu Tieu is never good out in a restaurant, in my opinion.

You should try the Bun Rieu (Tomato Soup with Crabmeat, Shrimp, Liver, and Vermicelli) on the West Side of Eden Center diagonally across from the Gift store. I also like Thanh Long in Saigon East for almost everything except the Banh Xeo.

Liver in Bun Rieu ? What's next ? Pasta for lomein ?