40% Off Wine Sale - Starting Wednesday March 12th

5 cases?! What did you buy? I bought 3, but I did not see that much that was worth it yesterday.

Yeah mdt, I was there yesterday also, and cobbled together about ten bottles. It was worth the trip, but not anything monumental. What did you get?

Because I buy a fair amount of wine from out of state stores I'm on the e-mail list of all of them. Over the past month or two they have all become extremely aggressive. 25, 30 and yes, 40% discounts are becoming more commonplace. In truth this is almost becoming quite frightening: is the econcomy this bad? Has spending tightened up this much? It certainly seems so. I've never heard of some of the discounts that are out there right now... I must also add that with the US Dollar @ 1.56+ to the Euro it is only going to become FAR MORE EXPENSIVE next year. For anyone who drinks a bit of wine you should give serious consideration to stocking up NOW. My guess is that all wine, across the board, will be 10 to 20% more expensive next year. When you factor in the discounts that are available right now, there could be a 30+% discount for anyone willing to buy now.

5 cases?! What did you buy? I bought 3, but I did not see that much that was worth it yesterday.
They had some nice Italian whites and NZ sauvignon blancs, proseccos, some Portuguese and Spanish stuff, this and that for every day.

I'm with you, Joe. I'm waiting for the price of European wines to escalate to match the Euro. How could that not happen?