USDA Market in Washington, DC

Incredibly delicious Catawba grapes at the USDA farmer's market last Friday. Probably the most powerfully-flavored grapes I've ever eaten. Wonderful.

Today at USDA, this particular stand had 3 different varieties of grapes. I got a quart of Suffolk for $3.50. Not as powerful nor as sweet as the Catawba. A bit more of a spicier essence to them. Utterly superb. My colleage had the fresh churned peach ice cream. She said it was not overly sweetened, letting the peaches do the work.

And the empanadas for $3 are a steal.

Is the kettle corn vendor there regularly? Might have to jump on the Metro and find out...

And get some of those heirlooms too :lol:

I don't know about regularly, but the kettle corn vendor was there this past Friday (with a very long line).

Is the kettle corn vendor there regularly? Might have to jump on the Metro and find out...

Oh yes, he's there - good stuff. Not that we need kettle corn in the house on a regular basis, but the $10 bucket, with $5 refills, isn't a bad deal.

The farmer I mentioned in the Clarendon market thread is at the USDA market (still didn't get a name) with his Sunrise apples, and all the other good stone fruits that are in season right now.

My wife hit the place yesterday too, for the kettle corn and it is ridiculously good. I am pretty sure they are there every time. I am told they are opening a store in Calvert County to be open all the time to make and sell the stuff, too.

My wife hit the place yesterday too, for the kettle corn and it is ridiculously good. I am pretty sure they are there every time. I am told they are opening a store in Calvert County to be open all the time to make and sell the stuff, too.
Um, yeah - it is ridiculously good - our bucket is already empty (doh!) The good(?) news is that they are also at the "American Market" at National Harbor, Saturdays from 9am-2pm. How much kettle corn can be consumed in a 48-hour period!?!

Add kettle corn to my list of off-limits foods...

The good(?) news is that they are also at the "American Market" at National Harbor, Saturdays from 9am-2pm.
Just an FYI for any other Calvert Kettle Corn junkies - they are no longer at the National Harbor market. That was a short-term thing for only a few weeks as they had other commitments later in the summer. Imagine my disappointment... :lol: They are supposed to be back there next summer.

The good news is they are opening a store in North Beach, MD - see the link for details.