Where Did You Drink?

Blacksalt: negroni with Bluecoat gin, Vya sweet vermouth, and Campari; friends had mojitos.

Beck: assorted Belgian beers

-------------

well, why not? since Rocks started "where did you dine?"

Thankfully Mr P has a sense of humor: "is there a bartender in this city you don't have a crush on?"

Blacksalt: negroni with Bluecoat gin, Vya sweet vermouth, and Campari; friends had mojitos.

Beck: assorted Belgian beers

-------------

well, why not? since Rocks started "where did you dine?"

Thankfully Mr P has a sense of humor: "is there a bartender in this city you don't have a crush on?"

Sonoma today: Negroni with standard ingredients and a Seghesio Arneis.

Last night, walking home from dinner, we stopped in at the Tiffany Tavern (Alexandria) for open mike night. Classic. Had a beer then finished our walk home.

Last night at Proof $10 for a 10 oz pour of Oskar Blues Ten Fidy. What's with the prices for good beer in this city?

Just wanted to explain why the cost of that particular beer is so high. Oskar Blues released it after 5 years of being in production and was done as a celebratory kinda thing. It's a seasonal stout and is released at most every 8 months or so. The alchohol content is running at 10.5 hence the name. While I realize 10 bucks is a lot for a beer, the 1/6 sized keg which we were allocated is about twice the cost of your average 1/6 keg. One other thing, if the beer you had was served in a pilsner glass then your beer was around 14oz, give or take room for the head. Hope this helps

S.

Just wanted to explain why the cost of that particular beer is so high. Oskar Blues released it after 5 years of being in production and was done as a celebratory kinda thing. It's a seasonal stout and is released at most every 8 months or so. The alchohol content is running at 10.5 hence the name. While I realize 10 bucks is a lot for a beer, the 1/6 sized keg which we were allocated is about twice the cost of your average 1/6 keg. One other thing, if the beer you had was served in a pilsner glass then your beer was around 14oz, give or take room for the head. Hope this helps

S.

Sorry if it seems like I was pointing out Proof exclusively because that is not what I meant. In D.C. in general prices for beer are much higher than any large city I've been too recently, including New York, Chicago, and LA. Walk a few blocks to Beck's and I don't think they serve any beer for less then $10, except for the miller lite esque Bavik. I paid $5 for the Ten Fidy in Baltimore just last week. Just had to vent a little, I like that good beer is starting to show up in a lot of places around town, I just don't like that is emerging the way of the $20 mini kobe burger slider on 9 grain foccica bread imported from France.

Cork: bad luck - Tom's day off - meant no Dawn over Manhattan for me; an Italian rose and something French - Cotes du Languedoc?

New Heights: Rogue Spruce with Fever Tree tonic; Damrak with Fever Tree bitter lemon; Aviation; tastes of two others

Saturday night:

* Tattoo - Belvedere and cranberry in a plastic faux glass only slight larger than a shot glass. $10. Craptastic (excellent word) crowd.

* The Park - more of the same but for $12 (I think) in a plastic cup.

* Saint Ex - a college student (rising senior, he proudly told me) bought me a Bavik. Just so he wouldn't feel too bad about his poor vision and questionable judgement, I subtracted eight years from my age and introduced him to my cute former colleague...who subsequently made up stories about her career as a stripper.

It was one of those nights. I finally must accept that my idea of good time has changed these last few years, and that's ok. Must every DJ lean so hard on mash-ups these days??

I subtracted eight years from my age and introduced him to my cute former colleague...who subsequently made up stories about her career as a stripper.

It was one of those nights. I finally must accept that my idea of good time has changed these last few years, and that's ok. Must every DJ lean so hard on mash-ups these days??

I want to hang out with you.

People watching at Hudson. Who puts Orange slices in a Manhattan? Better question: why? Yet another: why do they charge eleven dollars and eighteen cents for a drink? And... where is that drunk posting delete button when you need it?

Monday night at Terroir in Manhattan, where the server's uniform was a Terroir t-shirt which read "PedroF---ingXimenez", except they filled in the blanks. I wanted to buy one for my favorite co-worker bartender, but they were sold out. Too bad.

The cocktail art is alive and well in Boston

Eastern Standard: a Manhattan variation called Prospect Park, made with Rittenhouse bib, Aperol, Punt e Mes, Luxardo, and Angostura

Radius: a maple antique (or was it antique maple?), with Sazerac 6 yo (I think), maple syrup, and a lot of Angostura (the ratio was something like 4 1/2 oz: 1 1/2 oz: 12 dashes)

Cork: equal parts of Domaine de Canton Ginger liqueur, Wolfberger Litchi liqueur and Manzanilla sherry.

Un-freaking-believeably delicious. Also, a couple of others, whose composition is known only to Tom.

Central: Savoy Cocktail (née a Jack Rose), possibly the Savoy Hotel Rickey. Also three other cocktails whose ingredients escape me at the moment. :)

Bar Pilar: Adam made me...something...Saturday night which was crazy delicious but whose component parts elude me right now.

Damn me and my faulty short-term memory. I really need to carry a pen with me when I imbibe sensational cocktails.

But you should DEFINITELY go to each of these establishments and order the same cocktails! :lol: