Terry Theise Estate Selections

Caterina

Did anyone read the article in The Washington Post on Terry Theise German and Austrian Direct Importer the wine pioneer? He has an incredible palete. I found this article very engaging. He is a marvel, a trail blazer. German Rieslings definitely are very underrated and don't get the spot light that they deserve. These wines are versatile and pair well with a variety of food.

Amazing he is also a local.

Amazing he is also a local.

Last summer I was booze shopping in Ft. Collins, Colorado and ran across a shop with a curiously decent range of his selections. At some point, I became aware that the clerks were certain that he was based out there, and even after explaining that his offices were somewhere above Ray's the Classics, I failed to convince them otherwise.

Maybe he's got a vacation home there. Or just maybe...he's mastered the skill of being local everywhere :-o

Last summer I was booze shopping in Ft. Collins, Colorado and ran across a shop with a curiously decent range of his selections. At some point, I became aware that the clerks were certain that he was based out there, and even after explaining that his offices were somewhere above Ray's the Classics, I failed to convince them otherwise.

Maybe he's got a vacation home there. Or just maybe...he's mastered the skill of being local everywhere :-o

That is very funny...You think? Mr. Slater introduced me to him once @ Citronelle, in DC (Mr. Slater introduced me to a lot of great wine people, he is a gem, in the wine world, very highly respected) Also, I met up with Mr. Terry again @ Terry Wine Tasting @ Rest. Nora in DC where Mr. Myers was then Rest. Manager and now Sommelier @ CityZen, who also introduced me to Mr. Terry. We have an amazing network of passionate wine contacts in DC. I was fortunate and appreciated the interacton, to meet Mr. Terry in DC. The end of my story goes, I now have at least 33 if not 40 of Terry wines on the list, he obviously left a good impression and left his carbon foot print for German and Austrian Wine with me. I find his wines easy to pair with any food. I am not much of a blogger I don't even watch Tv and I was inspired by his wine from my friends in the industry. I have traveled to Germany Wine Country to check it out for myself, it was an education to say the least.

Er ist erstaunlich.... Riesling das ist köstlich!

I watched a rerun of a 2003 episode of Chefs Afield on WETA-Create this evening, featuring Odessa Piper. She visited a Jersey cow dairy and artisan cheesemaker near Madison, WI and then she went to a farmers market near her restaurant l'Etoile and prepared a couple of dishes with veg from the market and and the cheese from the cheesemaker.