Music 'Can Enhance Wine Taste'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7400109.stm

MUSIC RECOMMENDATIONS Cabernet Sauvignon: All Along The Watchtower (Jimi Hendrix), Honky Tonk Woman (Rolling Stones), Live And Let Die (Paul McCartney and Wings), Won't Get Fooled Again (The Who) Chardonnay: Atomic (Blondie), Rock DJ (Robbie Williams), What's Love Got To Do With It (Tina Turner), Spinning Around (Kylie Minogue) Syrah: Nessun Dorma (Puccini), Orinoco Flow (Enya), Chariots Of Fire (Vangelis), Canon (Johann Pachelbel) Merlot: Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay (Otis Redding), Easy (Lionel Ritchie), Over The Rainbow (Eva Cassidy), Heartbeats (Jose Gonzalez) Source: Montes wines

Now I know why I prefer Cabs...

This is entertaining:

Previously, Professor North conducted supermarket research which suggested people were five times more likely to buy French wine than German wine if accordion music was played in the background.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7400109.stm

MUSIC RECOMMENDATIONS Cabernet Sauvignon: All Along The Watchtower (Jimi Hendrix), Honky Tonk Woman (Rolling Stones), Live And Let Die (Paul McCartney and Wings), Won't Get Fooled Again (The Who) Chardonnay: Atomic (Blondie), Rock DJ (Robbie Williams), What's Love Got To Do With It (Tina Turner), Spinning Around (Kylie Minogue) Syrah: Nessun Dorma (Puccini), Orinoco Flow (Enya), Chariots Of Fire (Vangelis), Canon (Johann Pachelbel) Merlot: Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay (Otis Redding), Easy (Lionel Ritchie), Over The Rainbow (Eva Cassidy), Heartbeats (Jose Gonzalez) Source: Montes wines

Huh. I would have picked Mad Dog 20-20 as the wine most improved by "Honky Tonk Women" (as well as the wine most likely to make "Live and Let Die" bearable) and something brown in a mason jar -- maybe an old-school muscatel -- as being enhanced by Otis.

I hear anything on harpsichord brings out the best in a Riesling.