Kosher Carmel Soup Mix Chicken Style

NotQuickDraw

My mother asked me to track this down - her grocery stopped carrying it. If you knew my mother, you'd know never to question her, just obey. :lol:

To that end, has anyone ever seen this in their local market, specialty store, etc? It's not even that available on line, although I think I might have found one place, but they are out.

Thanks All

Colleen

post-617-1219101151_thumb.jpg

My mother asked me to track this down - her grocery stopped carrying it. If you knew my mother, you'd know never to question her, just obey. :lol:

To that end, has anyone ever seen this in their local market, specialty store, etc? It's not even that available on line, although I think I might have found one place, but they are out.

Thanks All

Colleen

Did you try calling KosherMart or Katz's in MoCo? Are you willing to drive to Ballimer for the stores up there?

Thanks All

Colleen

Quick search produced this, although I haven't ever used NetGrocer myself.

Quick follow-up. I spoke to a friend who keeps kosher and regularly goes not just to the places in MoCo, but makes a drive up to Ballimer to all of the markets there.

She doesn't recall ever seeing this brand, though she believes that she's seen a similar product from an Israeli company called Telma.

Never heard of the Carmel brand, but a popular Israeli brand of soup mixes is Osem. They make both a chicken-flavor (pareve) and chicken (fleish) broth mix, as well as other varieties. You can definitely get them at Koshermart f/k/a Katzes, Shaul, and Shalom's and possibly at your local Giant or Safeway. Israeli home cooks often put the pareve mix in just about everything as a universal seasoning. Another treat is Osem soup crackers which are tiny puffed yellow squares the size of a pencil eraser - should find them at the same place. I know Israelis that drown their soup in these crackers.