For those of you who like pain and to go numb

mame11

Penzey's Black & Red Spice is a combination of tellicherry black pepper and cayenne red pepper. It has a numbing character when sprinkled on food that is similar to the numbing feeling I have had at Joe's Noodle. I have sprinkled it on everything from corn-on-the-cob to salad for an extra kick. I find I have no desire for salt when I use the pepper.

Penzey's Black & Red Spice is a combination of tellicherry black pepper and cayenne red pepper. It has a numbing character when sprinkled on food that is similar to the numbing feeling I have had at Joe's Noodle. I have sprinkled it on everything from corn-on-the-cob to salad for an extra kick. I find I have no desire for salt when I use the pepper.
I've been using that for some time and haven't noticed it having that effect. More often I put it on things I'm cooking rather than sprinkling directly onto food (e.g., corn) I'm eating, so maybe that's the difference.

ETA: I tried some on chicken before it went into a chicken sandwich and I do get a bit of the numbing feeling. I don't think it's the same as from Szechuan peppercorns, but I get what you're talking about.