Non-Cooking Food Jobs

DanCole42

So my job in marketing and corporate strategy, while lucrative, is getting a bit tiresome (at least at my current place of employment).

I like to cook, but have no desire to work the hours of a professional chef, and food writers are a dime a dozen. I have a mortgage and a wife, so going back to school or starting at the bottom isn't really an option.

Can anyone suggest a career in the DC area where my skills in marketing and corporate strategy would mesh well with my passion for food (and that pays well)?

Even better, is anyone hiring? :lol:

I have always thought the wine business is interesting. Whether working for a distributor or a retail operation, it would combine my love of wine with something that is always changing. I know some people in wine retail who have given up what seemed to be lucarative jobs to work in a wine store. And of course the trips to Burgundy help a lot.

So my job in marketing and corporate strategy, while lucrative, is getting a bit tiresome (at least at my current place of employment).

I like to cook, but have no desire to work the hours of a professional chef, and food writers are a dime a dozen. I have a mortgage and a wife, so going back to school or starting at the bottom isn't really an option.

Can anyone suggest a career in the DC area where my skills in marketing and corporate strategy would mesh well with my passion for food (and that pays well)?

PR firms that specialize in restaurants or other food endeavors? I am sure that WF has work in that area.

Click! ;)