A Special RPLC at A&J, Rockville Pike

Monday, October 13th, Noon (Columbus Day)

A Special RPLC at Bob's Shabu Shabu 88 (Rockville Pike)

No word on the exact menu yet, but Bob has promised specialties that are NOT on the regular menu. And I personally promise that there will be Lion's Head Meatballs. What else do you need? Should be around $20 bucks plus tax, speciality drinks and tip.

Most of you are probably off work, so let's get a good crowd. Last time we filled up two tables!

Attendees:

DanielK

deangold

Scott Johnston

And real smelly stinking tofu would be good.

Uhhh, no it wouldn't. I was with a group who ate at Bob's 66 at a big round table with a turntable center. Everyone kept turning the center of the table so that the smelly tofu wasn't sitting in front of them. Bob likened it to a ripe cheese. I liken it to a ripe diaper. With smelly cheese, once you get it past your nose, the taste is great. With smelly tofu, when you get it past your nose, it tastes just like it smells. Feh.

Monday, October 13th, Noon (Columbus Day)

A Special RPLC at Bob's Shabu Shabu 88 (Rockville Pike)

No word on the exact menu yet, but Bob has promised specialties that are NOT on the regular menu. And I personally promise that there will be Lion's Head Meatballs. What else do you need? Should be around $20 bucks plus tax, speciality drinks and tip.

Most of you are probably off work, so let's get a good crowd. Last time we filled up two tables!

Attendees:

DanielK

deangold

Scott Johnston

Lion's Head Meatballs - I'm in

We are moving the lunch to A&J on Rockville Pike! Looks like the rumors may (or may not) be true, but Bob is in China right now. So lunch is on! Still at noon! Still rides available! I will be getting there at 11:45 am to hold the big table.

There is a fly in the Lion's Head. Bob is apparently no longer affiliated with Bob's. Updates as they are available.

We are moving the lunch to A&J on Rockville Pike! Looks like the rumors may (or may not) be true, but Bob is in China right now. So lunch is on! Still at noon! Still rides available! I will be getting there at 11:45 am to hold the big table.
in

Vegetable delight, bean curd skin w/mustard greens, seaweed salad, spicy beef tripe, braised pork over rice w/egg, fried chicken, cold spicy noodles, potstickers, steamed buns, and I'm sure a couple of things I forgot.

$10/person plus tip, and 4 not-small guys walked out full. A steal by any definition. The rest of you really missed out!

my oh my this is a tasty restaurant, well worth the trip from Capitol Hill...makes one almost think about moving to Rockville...almost.

My favorites were the fried chicken, braised pork over rice, potstickers, wontons in chili sauce (?), and the tripe...the rest was merely good! :lol:

my oh my this is a tasty restaurant, well worth the trip from Capitol Hill...makes one almost think about moving to Rockville...almost.

My favorites were the fried chicken, braised pork over rice, potstickers, wontons in chili sauce (?), and the tripe...the rest was merely good! :lol:

Ah yes, I forgot the spicy wontons in red hot sauce. Knew someone would remember the items I forgot!