Ellwood Thompson's Market

DameEdna

Information that Ellwood Thompson's Market wants to open a store at Columbia Road and 14th Street.

Not definitely going to happen, but more of a "yes, no, maybe" statement.

Questions

1. Who is Ellwood Thompson's Market?

2. Would this store be a good thing?

3. Should I care if they open a store, or not? (yes, probably)

Here is their web site: click

(more info about Polyface Farms, and other Birkenstocker type stuff)

==============================

What got me started on this is this message (they want your help getting this store!):

AM group message

Mostly, I know nothing. Really.

Information that Ellwood Thompson's Market wants to open a store at Columbia Road and 14th Street.

Not definitely going to happen, but more of a "yes, no, maybe" statement.

Questions

1. Who is Ellwood Thompson's Market?

2. Would this store be a good thing?

3. Should I care if they open a store, or not? (yes, probably)

Here is their web site: click

(more info about Polyface Farms, and other Birkenstocker type stuff)

==============================

What got me started on this is this message (they want your help getting this store!):

AM group message

Mostly, I know nothing. Really.

Really a coincidence since I was recently reminiscing about (really good eggs from) Ellwood Thompson's. As far as I know, they are only in Richmond, VA (at the corner of Ellwood and Thompson). They are like a mini WF with a lot of soul and a bit of funk. They fit nicely into the Fan neighborhood. Ellwood's has a delicious prepared foods section, decent produce selection, meats, cheeses, breads (and good God if they carry Billy bread, get it!) lots of all natural products etc. I would love to have one nearby.

Really a coincidence since I was recently reminiscing about (really good eggs from) Ellwood Thompson's. As far as I know, they are only in Richmond, VA (at the corner of Ellwood and Thompson). They are like a mini WF with a lot of soul and a bit of funk. They fit nicely into the Fan neighborhood. Ellwood's has a delicious prepared foods section, decent produce selection, meats, cheeses, breads (and good God if they carry Billy bread, get it!) lots of all natural products etc. I would love to have one nearby.

After perusing their website, all I can say is wow, this would be a great addition to DC--much as I appreciate the virtues of Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, I would definitely patronize Ellwood Thompson's.

Ellwood Thompson's Natural Market has signed a lease for a new store at 14th Street and Irving.

Rumors about this have been drifting around for a long time, so I will believe it when I see it.

The DC city council is involved, with tax breaks for the new store.

The ETNM web site has more.