Dining in Falls Church

But Argia's might be in my top ten list for Falls Church.

Not to hijack the thread, but since you work down the street from me, I'd like to inquire what your Falls Church top 10 is. I usually do take out, ergo my list reflects that-

Top 5ish in no order- Super Chicken, Argia's, Lost Dog (yeah, yeah, it's Arlington), Dogwood Tavern and the Elevation. The other 5 are usually in random rotation- Natalia's Pastry Shop (yes, they do lunch and have borscht from time to time, also greak cookies), Lazy Sundae, Luzmilla's (just added!), Kasha's Kitchen and zPizza.

To jump back on topic, everyone at the office is a big fan of Argia's sandwiches, especially the el gusto, chicken one, and the tomato/mozz one. I've tried the lunch fritatta special twice. The first one was potato, which was great, albeit too salty. The second time I hoped the salt would not be in such force, alas, it was. When we've dined it, it's been hit or miss with the pastas, and the one time I ordered a pesto dish, I'd swear it was just parsley and olive oil mixed together, no basil, no garlic. However, I had that tomato basil soup on hand, and it indeed made a great sauce with the pasta :lol:

(edited for spelling)

Not to hijack the thread, but since you work down the street for me, I'd like to inquire what your Falls Church top 10 is. I usually do take out, ergo my list reflects that-

Top 5ish in no order- Super Chicken, Argia's, Lost Dog (yeah, yeah, it's Arlington), Dogwood Tavern and the Elevation. The other 5 are usually in random rotation- Natalia's Pastry Shop (yes, they do lunch and have borscht from time to time, also greak cookies), Lazy Sundae, Luzmilla's (just added!), Kasha's Kitchen and zPizza.

To jump back on topic, everyone at the office is a big fan of Argia's sandwiches, especially the el gusto, chicken one, and the tomatoe/mozz one. I've tried the lunch fritatta special twice. The first one was potato, which was great, albeit too salty. The second time I hoped the salt would not be in such force, alas, it was. When we've dined it, it's been hit or miss with the pastas, and the one time I ordered a pesto dish, I'd swear it was just parley and olive oil mixed together, no basil, no garlic. However, I had that tomato basil soup on hand, and it indeed made a great sauce with the pasta :lol:

My Falls Church boundaries are a little bit grander. I have a general top ten of 2941, Mark's Duck House, Fortune, Lebanese Butcher, Dogwood, Hong Kong Palace, Myanmar, Viet Royale, Argia's and Saigon Cafe.

My Falls Church boundaries are a little bit grander. I have a general top ten of 2941, Mark's Duck House, Fortune, Lebanese Butcher, Dogwood, Hong Kong Palace, Myanmar, Viet Royale, Argia's and Saigon Cafe.

Thanks for the tip on Myanmar- I always drive by there on my way home but have never gone in. Hopefully this week we'll trek out to the Lebanese Butcher too! Our boundaries are usually limited to what we can walk to, and what's under $15, heh. Lost Dog delivers and Sundae/Kasha's are near the bank :lol:

And now that the thread is split off, if anyone in Falls Church area is looking for coffee, the "downtown" area has several great local places to choose from, specifically Natalia's, the 2 Sister's Coffee Shack and Stacey's. If you get espressor anything at Natalia's, expect a wait, but at least you can get one of their delicious cookies to tide you over (the big ones in the jars). They do have a few tables, but no outlets available for computers that I've been able to find. 2 Sister's is also great (and usually fast) and offers a drive through window or a walk up window. It IS a shack, so there's no place to sit down, unless you count the picnic tables in the back. Stacey's is the most traditional of coffee houses and I think offers up wifi and plugs for laptops if you are so inclined. All in all, a nice respite from the Starbucks of the world.

Falls Church Restaurants:

- 2941 for a total splurge, had lunch there in early November and it was better than ever.

- Pizzeria Orso, doing a great job, real Neapolitan style pizza from former pizza chef at 2 Amys. Sides (had good quality lomo with perfectly grilled bread, risotto balls) are also good.

- District Taco - yeah! it's open on Lee Hwy - welcome addition - pollo asado, carnitas and carne asada were on offer when I went with the family last Saturday. Chicken and Carnitas better than the carne asada, which was a bit tough. Tortillas and salsas excellent. Everything well seasoned and tasty! I know this is Arlington, but close enough...

- Dogfish Head Alehouse - not for the food, because the portions are just ridiculously large - but all the Dogfish Head beers on tap are lovingly served by a good crew of bartenders. Great local for a good beer!