DR.com Dinner at Thirsty Bernie's, Thu 11/6 7pm

DanielK

I am very excited to announce:

A Special Dinner at Thirsty Bernie's in Arlington

Join fellow Rockweilers on Tuesday, October 21st at 7pm for a special meal prepared for us by Chef Jamie Stachowski!

Here is the tentative menu:

Appetizer: Chef's Butcher Board

First course: Paninis and Soup

Choice of Main, with sides and paired with a beer: Bratwurst, Shnitzel, Goulash with Spaetzel, or Beef on Weck

Dessert: Pear Strudel a la mode

The cost is just $45, tax and tip included! That's basically $35 plus tax/tip, for 4 courses plus beer!!! Reserve your place in advance by sending me a PM. Payment will be collected at the event, cash or credit. HOWEVER, if you need to cancel, you must do so 48 hours in advance or find someone to take your place.

If this spectacular weather holds, we will try to hold the event on the outside patio, Oktoberfest style! Otherwise, we will be inside. Oompah bands optional.

Ouch -- as much as we love Thirsty Bernie's, there's just not enough time for us to shift things around to make it to dinner Tuesday. Have fun, though!

ETA: I'm surprised to not see people lining up for this! Thirsty Bernie's is good food with good people -- sign up with DanielK now for this great event!

Would it help -- and be possible -- to reschedule this event for closer to the end of this month/beginning of November? Or is this a good time for most people?

I'm just waiting to find out my bar schedule for next week. If I'm not working, I'm totally in.

Would it help -- and be possible -- to reschedule this event for closer to the end of this month/beginning of November? Or is this a good time for most people?

Speaking selfishly as the coordinator, I will be back downtown after October, and will not be able to attend weekday events in NoVa. So I'm trying to squeeze this in before the end of the month!!!

Jamie is open to whatever date. I was trying NOT to do it the same week as the Vidalia dinner, hence the 10/21 date.

We have less than 10 people signed up for this. Jamie is still willing to do it, but if we postpone a couple of weeks, will that bring a larger crowd?

Any Tues-Thurs night the first two weeks of November should work.

Yeah, I would go on a different night, busy this tuesday, though.

The first tuesday in November I'm thinking not a good idea. :lol:

We have less than 10 people signed up for this. Jamie is still willing to do it, but if we postpone a couple of weeks, will that bring a larger crowd?

Any Tues-Thurs night the first two weeks of November should work.

Yea turns out I can't make it, so I'd be in favor of one of those tuesdays in november (would election day be too much?). The 11th would work too.

OK, spoke with Jamie, and Thursday November 6th works for him. World Series is over by then, though he doesn't know what the crowd effects of the Post review will be!

Same deal and logistics as before - send a PM to be added to the list.

Thanks!

BUMP.

Great crowd so far - approaching 20 people. Want to join? Just post here or send me a PM!

DanielK +4?

ol_ironstomach +1

agm +1

SeanMike

goodeats

sunsen456

thistle +1

jess3 +1

terp97

Walrus

Tripewriter

Join fellow Rockweilers on Thursday November 6th at 7pm for a special meal prepared for us by Chef Jamie Stachowski!

Choice of Main, with sides and paired with a beer: Bratwurst, Shnitzel, Goulash with Spaetzel, or Beef on Weck

The cost is just $45, tax and tip included! That's basically $35 plus tax/tip, for 4 courses plus beer!!! Reserve your place in advance by sending me a PM. Payment will be collected at the event, cash or credit. HOWEVER, if you need to cancel, you must do so 48 hours in advance or find someone to take your place.

If this spectacular weather holds, we will try to hold the event on the outside patio, Oktoberfest style! Otherwise, we will be inside. Oompah bands optional.

BUMP...Still time to sign up! We're at 24 and climbing!

DanielK +4

ol_ironstomach +1

agm +1

SeanMike

goodeats

thistle +1

jess3 +1

terp97

Walrus

Tripewriter

New Foodie +3

rkduggins +1

Join fellow Rockweilers on Thursday, November 6th at 7pm for a special meal prepared for us by Chef Jamie Stachowski!

Two days until the event, so I am closing the attendee list. Any last minute cancellations or additions, please send PM. What a great crowd!

DanielK +4

ol_ironstomach +1

agm +1

SeanMike

goodeats

thistle +1

jess3 +1

terp97

Walrus

Tripewriter

New Foodie +3

rkduggins +1

Ericandblueboy +1

Join fellow Rockweilers on Thursday, November 6th at 7pm for a special meal prepared for us by Chef Jamie Stachowski!

Thoroughly stuffed! Great food, good company. A nice coinkydink to run into Anne and Craig!

I want to thank the person wearing the Browns jersey for asking that the game be showed - it was quite a treat to see Brady Quinn (who I had never heard of before the game). hubba hubba.

Well, I may not be eating again for a day or two-everything was scrumptious! Thank you, Daniel K. for orchestrating this outing & Chef Jamie for setting out a spread that had everyone in my family happy & stuffed by the end of the evening. Yes, I was the one who brought the kids-once my teenage son (who was going to babysit his sister) heard me talking about the menu, he decided he'd get a better deal, if he went along. Lizzy had the mild wings, which she loved, & said they had a spicy 'afterkick', Tom had the chicken noodle soup & panini, & poached off his parents' plates, & they shared a cone of fries ( I couldn't resist snagging a couple-OMG, so good!). His favorites were the charcuterie & the chicken noodle soup, which were also the highlights of the dinner for me, too. Not that everything else wasn't wonderful, but by the time my veal schnitzel arrived, I was pleasantly stuffed & had to take half of it home. Josh & Tom also both loved the untraditional goulash & polished it off.

The pear strudel was the perfect ending, not too sweet (which I like) & cinnamon scented, I let the kids hoover the ice cream, while I took the huge berries (were they tayberries?). Our waiter did a super job, keeping the drinks topped off, & letting us order off the menu for the kids. The place was packed, but service certainly didn't suffer.

It was nice to see some familiar faces from past picnics, although I still can't connect names w/ faces, only onscreen handles. I think this is the first organized DR dinner we've been to (aside from the picnics), although we've had great meals at restaurants we wouldn't have discovered, if it weren't for this group (I'm thinking of a memorable anniversary dinner at Ray's). Thank you all...Linda/Thistle

5 baskets of bread

4 courses (with the panini = really soft-buttered grilled tomato & cheese dipped in Chicken Noodle Soup)

3 rounds of beer consumed by some

2 separate tables ALL containing wonderful people

Thanks to a wonderful crew servicing, DanielK for setting up, DonRocks visiting, and Chef Jamie saying "hello."

1 Chef Jamie mishearing Ericandblueboy's name as "Ericandblueballs" = Priceless.