It's Tough Out There, Llet's Help Our Friends

mbucher

With the recent closing of Davod Craig in bethesda, and seeing long standing restaurant icons of DC struggling, especially fine dining. Im suggesting an idea for the DR community. We all love restaurants ,We have our favorites and We all definately like to help.. see DC Central Kitchen volunteer list.

Here's the concept:

We book two nights a month for a DR night and specific restaurants, for instance DR DINNER at _____Thursday ______. We all come with our friends, coordinate with the restaurant, try some new things, give some feedbaclk.....We could set up a seperate RSVP page, maybe that would be better, we could dine indivivually or as a group? Im simply thinking of a way for us all to come together to help out our friends in the business. The power of a group is much more powerful then an individual.

It's getting tougher out there, and lets make sure we give them reason to hang in there?

I think this is a great idea, although I am currently enrolled in a class with my Avatar on Thursday nights, probably through the end of this year.

WWMeade and I are trying to get out to lunch more at some of the high-end places--we spend less at each one, but can cover more ground that way while things are tight.

One simple way we can all help, too, is to pay in cash -- remember that every restaurant has to pay a fee each time they run a credit card, so if we all paid in cash, we could painlessly save them some dough. Are there any places that prefer to be paid for with a cc?