Ristorante Piccolo Destroyed by Fire

The Hersch

It has been years since I have been there, but I have a few fond memories of going there on dates trying to impress many a girl by taking them to a nice place. And, trust me, when you are in college and taking them somewhere other than Ruby Tuesday, you get plenty of points for it.

I think that the Nathan's Restaurant Blog mentioned that the owners are intending on reopening.
I wish them all the best, but the blog entry you mention seemed to be based on what someone standing outside the gutted restaurant said yesterday. That is to say, it may or may not be realistic.

I went a few times in college as well; Georgetown was a quick walk from GW. As others said, it was a decent place for a date when you had more money than TGIFridays would require, but less scratch than one of the 3-star Italian joints would set you back.

No especially memorable meals, just a nice atmosphere and decent food. Like BrettAshley said, more sentimental value than any true loss to the dining community. To wit: I haven't gone back since graduation many years ago.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:14 PM, DaveO said:

While comments above, or lack thereof indicate that this long time restaurant is not a favorite of members of this board over the last 10+ years, but did generate fond memories ....it is currently in a financial mess having filed for bankruptcy.   Its a tough business.

... and then sometimes you make it tougher on yourself ...

The Owner of Georgetown’s Ristorante Piccolo Admits to Stealing COVID-19 Funds, by Tierney Plumb, August 17, 2023, on dc.eater.com.

• Sad 1