Buffalo D's, Sports Bar in Ballston - Closed

By the way, speaking of Afghan restaurants in Ballston, why did Food Factory close?

Technically, they didn't. The same people who own(ed) Food Factory own some sports bar in College Park. That did REAL well for them there, so they converted Food Factory to Buffalo D's. HOWEVER, the back page on the menu in Ballston remains the old Food Factory menu, and they still have the Afghan buffet at lunch (and the Hookah lounge in the evenings...)

Gaff, gaff. Back in the day (15 years ago, or so) Food Factory had awesome kabobs. I wonder if they have withstood the test of time.

Awesome is probably overstating, but I had some pretty darned good ones there a couple of months ago, with some great lentils.

Can't speak for the kabobs since I've only been there once, but the wings are actually quite good. The original hot are nice and tongue-searing but with lots of flavor and the garlic are bathed in a nice sauce. The BBQ is covered in a thick, sweet sauce as well. Mango habernero was the only miss of the evening being overly sweet and not all that hot at all. I'm looking forward to going back and trying some other combinations (Buffalo Garlic and Jerk sounded good).

You can get the sauce flavors served on regular wing, chicken tenders or boneless bites. Also, if you're having trouble deciding between flavors, they'll let you order "naked" wings with two big containers of sauce on the side to dip and try a couple flavors.

A friend in our group also got a chicken sandwich and declared it quite good (I believe served with grilled peppers and onions which he was pleasantly surprised about). Went for MNF this past Monday and they had $1.50 beers til 8:30 or so I think. We just stocked up on iced buckets of cheap beer to carry us through most of the game.

I look forward to trying some of the kabobs and other things in the future.

Technically, they didn't. The same people who own(ed) Food Factory own some sports bar in College Park. That did REAL well for them there, so they converted Food Factory to Buffalo D's. HOWEVER, the back page on the menu in Ballston remains the old Food Factory menu, and they still have the Afghan buffet at lunch (and the Hookah lounge in the evenings...)

Buffalo D's has changed names, if not ownership - now it's called something like "Jump Ball" or "Match Point" or something like that. Anyone know if it's an ownership change or just a facelift? Regardless, the new name is better, even if I can't quite remember what it is (noticed it driving by).