HomeMade Pizza Company

synaesthesia

My friend came over to watch the returns after dropping his mom off at a party. He stumbled upon HomeMade pizza company, which I assume is near Wagschals. Pick your own toppings, and they top a crust on parchment to toss in your oven for 10-15 minutes. It wasn't awesome and many toppings weren't traditional, but is a better, lower-sodium option compared to most frozen pizzas. But it might be steep at $17 for a 14" pizza half-topped with tomato, basil, garlic, and red onion and barbecue chicken.

Menu

My friend came over to watch the returns after dropping his mom off at a party. He stumbled upon HomeMade pizza company, which I assume is near Wagschals. Pick your own toppings, and they top a crust on parchment to toss in your oven for 10-15 minutes. It wasn't awesome and many toppings weren't traditional, but is a better, lower-sodium option compared to most frozen pizzas. But it might be steep at $17 for a 14" pizza half-topped with tomato, basil, garlic, and red onion and barbecue chicken.

Menu

Sounds like a more expensive ("Spring Valley-ized") version of Mama Mimi's in Columbus, OH.

In the early 80's there used to be a place on Rockville Pike were they would give you a pie already slapped out, and you topped it yourself, then they baked it for you, it didn't last long. I want to say that it was called Mothers, and was in the building that until its move housed the Fuddruckers (not sure what is there now).

In the early 80's there used to be a place on Rockville Pike were they would give you a pie already slapped out, and you topped it yourself, then they baked it for you, it didn't last long. I want to say that it was called Mothers, and was in the building that until its move housed the Fuddruckers (not sure what is there now).

I think Mothers is where the Best Buy is now, or maybe the parking garage for the Best Buy. If not there, then whatever is just South of that. But I remember Mothers being a sit-down, table service pizzeria. I vaguely recall a make your own pizza place as well, in that general Rockville Pike area, but I don't think that was it.

I think Mothers is where the Best Buy is now, or maybe the parking garage for the Best Buy. If not there, then whatever is just South of that. But I remember Mothers being a sit-down, table service pizzeria. I vaguely recall a make your own pizza place as well, in that general Rockville Pike area, but I don't think that was it.

Same area, and there have been more things at that location than I could name, the building is between the Best Buy and McDonalds and would eventually become Jake's before Fuddruckers.

This is right down the street so I peeked in last night while running errands. I must admit, the concept doesn't entice me. I guess their reasoning is that you can have your pizza piping hot, but if I am getting takeout, I want my food already cooked. And with pizzas hovering in the $18 range, it seems very expensive. I won't rush to try it anytime soon.

I'm coming in a little late on this, but I think the "make your own pizza" place was, in fact, and Armands. They don't normally do it that way, but it was "make your own" for about a year or two.

Mothers was next to the McDonalds.

"Never play cards with any man named "Doc." Never eat at any place called "Mom's." And never, never, no matter what else you do in your whole life, never sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own.”

-Nelson Algren

The make your own place was called Pizza Paison (spelling?) and it was on the east side of the Pike, just south of where Rt.28/First Street intersects. My sister worked there in high school.

Paisano's was originally the Rockville Armand's, which indeed had a top-it-yourself concept when they first arrived in the area. I concocted a lot of lousy cheese-soup pies back in HS until I the "don't overtop" message finally got through. By '85 or so, Armand's had dumped the format and changed to a conventional pizza menu.

Although my flaky memory places them in the Bob's 88 space, formerly Three Brothers, formerly...

I was on my way to Arrowine in the Lee Heights Shopping Center in Arlington and noticed a sign in the window of an empty storefront two doors to the west announcing the impending arrival of HomeMade Pizza Company. They appear to have a number of locations, including one in DC. It looks like they prepare you a pizza and you take it home and bake it. Sounds only marginally easier than spending $1.99 at the Italian Store for some dough and adding the toppings yourself, and I cannot imagine it could taste any better. Anyone ever try one of these?