Fiji-opoly

hillvalley

I have spent my first week working downtown have noticed that every place between Breadline and Farragut North that sells takeout food and beverages only sells Fiji water. No Volvic, no Poland Springs and definitely no Smart Water (my overpriced water of choice).

Is this a secret plan by the money makers behind Fiji water to take over the US (we are near the White House after all) or just a bizarre coincidence? And why Fiji Water?

Fiji water is probably cheaper than other brands for the establishments to buy and maybe they can sell it for the same price as other brands and make a little more profit.  In short, I suspect economics is the reason behind this.

From my buyer days, Fiji water was pretty expensive stuff. Not sure of the situation now, but it was always pitched with a luxury attitude.

Is this a secret plan by the money makers behind Fiji water to take over the US (we are near the White House after all) or just a bizarre coincidence?  And why Fiji Water?

Welcome to Farragut North and West.

The truth is, we're all really miserable and that bottle is like a glimmer of hope before we return to bureaucratic confines of evil K Street. I don't fall for pretty labels, but the others do. The island sounds and looks better than the spring or even than being smart. So, it's the consumers fault.