Rogue Spirits

mdt

Went to an event last night, click, that had samples of two new (at least to me) spirits from Rouge Brewery. One is a Spruce Gin and the other was a Hazelnut and Spice Rum. I tasted both neat and the gin, which I liked, has a good dose of spruce, which might be good for a winter based cocktail. The rum was tasty with a good dose of spice, but I am no rum expert.

They said that they are also coming out with a Pink Gin (Gin aged(?) or something) in Pinot Noir barrels and a Whiskey that is made form the mash of one of their beers.

Anyone else heard of or had these?

More info here.

Went to an event last night, click, that had samples of two new (at least to me) spirits from Rouge Brewery. One is a Spruce Gin and the other was a Hazelnut and Spice Rum. <snip>

Anyone else heard of or had these?

More info here.

I've had the Spruce Gin somewhere in DC, but I'm not sure where. Possibly at Bourbon/AM. Asked Joe Riley about it and he couldn't get it at the time. Maybe that's changed.

I've had the Spruce Gin somewhere in DC, but I'm not sure where. Possibly at Bourbon/AM. Asked Joe Riley about it and he couldn't get it at the time. Maybe that's changed.

They did say it was available in DC and MD. I have the name of the distributor at home so we can see if that helps Joe out.

I think the biggest thing I remembered about the spruce gin was just how "spruce"-y it was - it was enough to be kind of a one-hit wonder, which is why I don't own a bottle right now.

Then again, I just bought a bottle of Zirbinz pine liqueur, so maybe I should get a bottle and make a forest of a drink. :lol:

I haven't had their other stuff, but I have been enjoying some of Rogue's cheese lately thanks to Red, White, and Bleu down the street from me.