Day after Thanksgiving-- Brunch?

bookluvingbabe

I am trying to put together a gatheing of Mr. BLB's family for the morning after Thanksgiving. It will be a group of 5 to 10 people and I imagine we'd want to meet around 10:30.

The food is not as important as being someplace comfortable where folks can chat. Bonus points from me for decent to good coffee.

Where do we go? I have zero ideas!

Thanks!

Jennifer

I am trying to put together a gatheing of Mr. BLB's family for the morning after Thanksgiving. It will be a group of 5 to 10 people and I imagine we'd want to meet around 10:30.

The food is not as important as being someplace comfortable where folks can chat. Bonus points from me for decent to good coffee.

Where do we go? I have zero ideas!

Thanks!

Jennifer

I am going to have about the same size group for brunch the day after Thanksgiving. Was Thinking of just doing it in my house, bagels cream cheese small fish platter. There is a really good place to order from in Germantown (Royal Bagel Bakery) - Lots of NY style stuff.

For going out comfortable (vs great food) - Like Mayorga in Silver Spring - Food ok but comfy couches to chat on.

If food was no object, I'd just head up to Clyde's of Chevy Chase (aka Mazza). It's just a Clyde's, but it works for larger groups of random relatives. Plus, them as likes it can shop before or after. The recession sucks, but at least the sales are starting early this year. :lol: