Congratulations to cucas87 and Scott

curiouskitkatt

:lol: I would like to raise my glass and toast to the engagement of Scott Johnston and cucas87. I remembering meeting cucas87 for the first time at a DR dinner held at Corduroy. She was so sweet, and was a bit nervous about attending an event in which she did not know anyone. Needless to say, she had a wonderful time. And since then she has come to Corduroy to celebrate on several occasions. I also know that she met Scott through this board as well. Its hard to say whether their paths would have crossed otherwise. I was honored, as well, to be a part of your engagement. To much of cucas87 surprise, she thought going out to dinner was just to celebrate her birthday. Boy, was she in for a surprise. Good job, Scott, for maintaining your cool throughout dinner. I am so happy for the both of you.

Thank you everyone. Claudia and I are very happy and are overwhelmed with the outpouring of well wishers. We are a DR couple, having met at a DR event several years ago when I offered to share one of Peter Chang's legendary ribs (now that is love!). Later we shared dinners with board members (StephenB, Escoffier and Grover)while we got to know each other. Our "pre-date" was at Corduroy, our second "date" was a DR picnic (where we try not to show we were going out, but Legant ousted us!) and many other events have centered around the board. Many, many thanks to the staff at Cordoury who prepared and executed a perfect meal. (Tom, Kat and Ferhat especially). I have attached the menu, and will post on the Corduroy thread when time permits, but the last course was a chocolate tower with the ring inside.

Thank you to everyone here for your support and good wishes, as well as your part in creating this great community. It's been a whirlwind since Scott and I started dating two years ago, so you can imagine the last few days are a bit of a blur. Thank you to Chef Tom, Ferhat and Katt for a flawless evening on Friday night. As Scott mentioned, the food was exquisite. (As an aside dear friends at Corduroy, your game faces were excellent and I will not play poker with any of you in the future). And Katt is correct, I was completely surprised at the end of the meal by Scott's lovely and heartfelt proposal. I am awed by it all. And now for a sobering thought, it's back to work.

In a couple of weeks Cucas87 and I will be married and living in bliss ( I think we are the first couple who met, and got married through the board, if not call me out). We hope everyone can join us at the picnic where we will offer a glass and a toast to the board, and more importantly the board members without whom we would never have met. Upthread i described how we met at the legendary Peter Chang dinner, but since then we have made many friends and been to many events that are very special to us. While I have added a bit of history to the bottom of this post, I want to thank each one of you who adds to this community, and a special thanks to Don who has hosted this for so many years.

To my love....

First time we were on the same page together http://www.donrockwell.com/index.php?showtopic=178&view=findpost&p=32467 We shared a number 13. Golden Powder Braised Ribs (jin fen pei xiang gu), $10.95

Our shared rib http://www.donrockwell.com/index.php?showtopic=2490&view=findpost&p=33640 April 2, 2006 we met.... I said...Do not forget the Golden Powder Braised Ribs! These were one of the highlights of the evening!

Cucas87 said saidI had lots of fun last night. And Scott, thank you, thank you for the rib. Sharing it was an act of heroism.

The rest is history

Beautiful ceremony, guys. The heartfelt toasts were a highlight of the evening, especially the one from Claudia's dad. Honored to be a part of your celebration.

Three cheers and a Mazel Tov for DR.com's first married couple!

Congratulations to two of my favorite people! :(

Today is our first wedding anniversary. At such a sweet time, I want to be sure to thank Don and everyone here again for creating such a vibrant community. When I look back over our time together, I think of so many DR events and people, who've become so important in our lives. It's hard for me to be at a loss for words, but all I can think of to say is, Scott, I love you truly and deeply. I adore you. Thank you for a wonderful and lovely year, and thank you and Katie for opening up my world. I am looking forward to our next great adventures together. On that note, we are both looking forward to seeing everyone next week at the picnic. See you all soon.

Claudia

Wow! Has it really been? I remember how it all began during those DR.com happy hours with cocktails and wines in their hands, then those twinkled eyes just got a bit too gooey and locked into each other’s eyes…… :( Well, you know how it goes! Congratulations to two beautiful people! :)

Last Friday, after being away for two weeks at a training class in Charlottesville, I surprised Claudia with several dishes from Peter Chang's. Included was the famous Golden Powder Spare Ribs. It was through this dish that Claudia and I first met at a DR function several years ago. The waiter brought out 11 ribs for 12 people and I offered to share the last rib. The ribs are still fantastic, but it is Claudia I know get to share my life with!

Tomorrow is our third wedding anniversary. Sunday is the anniversity of our first date. I fall more in love with Claudia every day! Thanks you all for being a part of our lives.

For those of you that like to know... dinner will at the Oval Room on Thursday, tasting menu, back to the scene of the blessed event.

Every Year I like to update and bump the threat, four years strong, dinner is at ORSO tonight as we are both beat (Claudia from a trip to Chicago and me from shutdown hell at work). Thank you all for your love and support over the years. For those of you who do not know, we met through DR, dated at DR events and (I think) we were the first couple to get married through DR. I shall miss the picnic as the Fall Picnic was our second date 7 years ago (or was it longer)? 

• Like 6

I hope your anniversary is wonderful- my DH Josh's bday is today, & our anniversary is in a few days. The dinner I cooked tonight was not one of the most memorable, but we shared it w/ our daughter, Lizzy (who was consumed w/ planning for HS homecoming, which was cancelled)-bulgogi, rice, sautéed onions, eggplant, mushrooms, red jalapeí±o w/ a little of the bulgogi marinade (commercial, loaded w/ soy & HFCS, but yummy, & I cut it w/ more soy)-many more happy years to you guys.