special dinner in Bethesda?

ek

My husband and I are going out dinner and then a show at National Harbor. We would like to have dinner in Bethesda (where we live) before heading to National Harbor, as the dining options there seem less than inspiring (Rosa Mexicana?) I had planned to try David Craig, but I'm told its closed. We've tried Redwood, but were disappointed. So, do you have any suggestions for an excellent meal in Bethesda? Or, is there a hidden gem in the National Harbor area that I am missing? Thanks!

My husband and I are going out dinner and then a show at National Harbor. We would like to have dinner in Bethesda (where we live) before heading to National Harbor, as the dining options there seem less than inspiring (Rosa Mexicana?) I had planned to try David Craig, but I'm told its closed. We've tried Redwood, but were disappointed. So, do you have any suggestions for an excellent meal in Bethesda? Or, is there a hidden gem in the National Harbor area that I am missing? Thanks!

Persimmon, the lounge area at Ruth's Chris ( trust me its diffeent then the dining room), Olazzo ( a favorite), Green Papaya , or at last.........positano ( but only if mama is cooking)

Thanks for all your replies. Unfortunately, I did not check the site on Saturday. Fortunately, we ended up going to Grapeseed, which we really liked. But, will keep all these suggestions in find for the future.

Persimmon, the lounge area at Ruth's Chris ( trust me its diffeent then the dining room), Olazzo ( a favorite), Green Papaya , or at last.........positano ( but only if mama is cooking)

How does one know if mama is cooking?