Sorry, Rumor Is Unsubstantiated

DonRocks

We ALL want to break "The Story," but for the moment, there's nothing to break. I've known about this for months, and could float the rumor at any time. The scuttlebutt in the restaurant community is that "it's happening in January," but I've heard nothing credible to make me think it's going to actually happen then. Nine-to-twelve month buildout? Welcome to Galileo, Part Deux. April 1st is the most-recent date officially given as (temporary, ha ha) closure. Shall I say more, or should I leave it to the less-scrupulous blogosphere who will undoubtedly poke and prod, and find second-cousins of insiders-in-the-know? Absent a 3 AM phone call, I'm opting out of this one ... have at it.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Perhaps even more importantly, I can also confirm that one of the top five chefs in Washington, DC is here to stay. A month ago, I thought sure we were going to lose him. This is big, big news that will have long-term ramifications and multi-year reach.

Cheers!

Rocks.

Overheard:

[Couple having dinner]: So, is the chef going to be here during inauguration?

[server]: Oh yeah, he'll have to be.

[Third Murderer]: Why does he have to be?

[server]: His investors will be here. He's opening another restaurant you know, and he has to put on a good show.