dinner for 60+ guests, not expensive?

beachgirl54

Helping a friend out here - she's getting married at the end of May 2009 and is looking for a reasonable DC restaurant where she and the groom-to-be can host 60+ out-of-town guests for dinner the night before the wedding. Good food yes, excessive cost no. And a private room would be nice. I drew a blank but know that someone out there will have some great suggestions. Thanks.

It's not in DC, and we've been picking up some tickles that others have not been getting the food to which they've become accustomed following the renovation, but Los Tios in Del Ray might fit the bill. Otherwise, cheap for 60 people in DC isn't something I have an answer to! Would Dino qualify as "cheap"? The food certainly would be great! And they have a separate upstairs that maybe they can get all to themselves...

Helping a friend out here - she's getting married at the end of May 2009 and is looking for a reasonable DC restaurant where she and the groom-to-be can host 60+ out-of-town guests for dinner the night before the wedding. Good food yes, excessive cost no. And a private room would be nice. I drew a blank but know that someone out there will have some great suggestions. Thanks.

My parents hosted 50 for my brother's rehearsal dinner in a private room at Maggianos in Friendship Heights. We are also planning a wedding anniversary dinner there for my parents, probably close to 70 folks. They have several rooms, varying sizes, and great packages. Very affordable. Food is reliable, good and plentiful. Just give their catering group a call or go to their website http://www.maggianos.com/

They made my brother's rehearsal dinner very special.