Jump to content
dcpolicywonk

Ray's the Steaks and Retro Ray's (Next Door) - Michael Landrum's Steakhouses in Courthouse

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Genevieve said:

Is the burger a regular item now?

I don’t know. Someone needs to call and find out.   Man I like those hellburger type burgers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Genevieve said:

Is the burger a regular item now?

Stopped in and looked at the menu.  Burgers are available Tuesday-Friday

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2018 at 8:06 PM, DaveO said:

Stopped in and looked at the menu.  Burgers are available Tuesday-Friday

Hmmm. I took my son there last Wednesday night, and I didn't see a burger on the dinner menu. My Wagyu Denver-cut steak was delicious, however. It tasted exactly like the Denver-cut beef I buy at the Organic Butcher of McClean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 6:30 PM, DIShGo said:

Hmmm. I took my son there last Wednesday night, and I didn't see a burger on the dinner menu. My Wagyu Denver-cut steak was delicious, however. It tasted exactly like the Denver-cut beef I buy at the Organic Butcher of McClean.

Good point.  Come to think of it last time I went in for dinner I didn’t get the burger menu, which is separate.  I didn’t ask for it.

I guess you have to ask for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 7:49 PM, DaveO said:

Good point.  Come to think of it last time I went in for dinner I didn’t get the burger menu, which is separate.  I didn’t ask for it.

I guess you have to ask for it.

Went last Friday and the burger menu was available.  Though we had to be seated in the more casual side which was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 6:30 PM, DIShGo said:

Hmmm. I took my son there last Wednesday night, and I didn't see a burger on the dinner menu. My Wagyu Denver-cut steak was delicious, however. It tasted exactly like the Denver-cut beef I buy at the Organic Butcher of McClean.

11 minutes ago, bmcdonal6674 said:

Went last Friday and the burger menu was available.  Though we had to be seated in the more casual side which was fine.

I think this is probably the explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone figured out how to contact them directly to make a reservation?  I'm trying to do a reservation for 8 people for next Friday night but I am stuck in a loop:  Open Table says that 8 exceeds the size that can be booked at Ray's via Open Table, contact the restaurant directly.  The web page says to make reservations. . . via Open Table and doesn't list a phone #.  The phone # I can get via Yelp and web searches goes straight to an "here are our hours" message with no option for human contact.  I'm in Herndon, so I'd really like to avoid driving there to make a reservation in person.  It's the spouse's 60th birthday and that's where he wants to go.  

(So far, we've made 2 reservations for 4 people via Open Table with notes to the restaurant about what we actually want.)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 10:43 PM, PollyG said:

Has anyone figured out how to contact them directly to make a reservation?  I'm trying to do a reservation for 8 people for next Friday night but I am stuck in a loop:  Open Table says that 8 exceeds the size that can be booked at Ray's via Open Table, contact the restaurant directly.  The web page says to make reservations. . . via Open Table and doesn't list a phone #.  The phone # I can get via Yelp and web searches goes straight to an "here are our hours" message with no option for human contact.  I'm in Herndon, so I'd really like to avoid driving there to make a reservation in person.  It's the spouse's 60th birthday and that's where he wants to go.  

(So far, we've made 2 reservations for 4 people via Open Table with notes to the restaurant about what we actually want.)  

To answer my own question--yes, the note in the Open Table reservation worked.  Michael reached out to me via email and we now have a legit reservation for 8 people.  :) 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG:  I just had a great burger at Ray's.   Its around the corner from where I work and I'll be pumping out communications later  this eve so I thought I'd fortify.

Back to the burger:   Blue cheese, spicy, crusty--OMG   An absolutely superb burger.   11 bucks.  An 8 ounce juicy killer of a burger.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DaveO said:

OMG:  I just had a great burger at Ray's.   Its around the corner from where I work and I'll be pumping out communications later  this eve so I thought I'd fortify.

Back to the burger:   Blue cheese, spicy, crusty--OMG   An absolutely superb burger.   11 bucks.  An 8 ounce juicy killer of a burger.  

Downtown or Roslyn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Marty L. said:

Downtown or Roslyn?

Roslyn/Courthouse (Arlington) at Ray's the Steaks.     I've been to HellBurger in DC and had one other burger recently at Ray's the Steaks.  This one, possibly called the Big Blue, is my current favorite:  Blue cheese, spicy, a crusty peppercorn treatment, very juicy.  Too large for the roll, frankly.  Simply a great quality meaty burger with terrific flavor treatments and very juicy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×