Serving Plates and Bowls

Soup

A few years back we bought some dishes, bowls, serving platter etc from a place out next Dullas airport right next to carMax (if anyone knows the name please let me know). The patters and style were on target with our tastes. However after new years of usage they have started to chip and crack (note: the Mikasa we've had for over 10 years still looks new but they are boring white).

On top of that my favorite pasta serving bowl (very large) took a dive tonight when I dropped it. I don't think I will find another one like it and I am really mad at myself. However, replacing it may make me feel better. So the question is where do you get good quality, interesting patter/style/pictures plates, bowls, platters and large pasta bowls and reasonable prices? I am looking to replace most of my dishes at this point so price will matter.

I would appreciate a heads up.

Soup

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have become a confirmed Google shopper. Click "shopping" on the top menu and put in your parameters. Serving bowls, pasta bowls, tableware, etc. Lots of choices. If you have a Google account, you can really get in trouble with GoogleCheckout. One click! Bang!

So the question is where do you get good quality, interesting patter/style/pictures plates, bowls, platters and large pasta bowls and reasonable prices?

We have had much success at ebay in replacing broken/chipped dishware. If you are patient and know the style/pattern you want (even discontinued patterns) you can find tremendous bargains even with shipping. You just gotta poke, you just gotta poke around. Besides, bidding is fun. :P

click-a-pasta-bowl

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have become a confirmed Google shopper. Click "shopping" on the top menu and put in your parameters. Serving bowls, pasta bowls, tableware, etc. Lots of choices. If you have a Google account, you can really get in trouble with GoogleCheckout. One click! Bang!

Thing about dishes/glasses are that I want to hold it and see it. So I've tended to shy away from the internet on these. I can see the patter but I want to see how it look and feels.

A few years back we bought some dishes, bowls, serving platter etc from a place out next Dullas airport right next to carMax (if anyone knows the name please let me know).
If it was a few years ago, there wouldn't have been anything that sold housewares next to Carmax, so you're probably thinking of the Fortessa outlet just off Sterling Blvd.

I like Homegoods. It is a bargain store but sometimes the store carries Rosenthal (Thomas line), Danby and Royal Copenhagen. I've purchased lots of quality plates with more than 70% mark down prices. However, you need to be very patient because they don't carry the quality items everyday. I like the Kingstowne location. Also, checkout replacements.com.