Good Sushi in Arlington?

oneydcat

does anyone have any recommendations for a good sushi place in north arlington? thanks

Sushi Zen in the strip mall at Harrison and Lee is certainly decent enough for day-to-day needs; I don't think there is anywhere inside the beltway that compares to Sushi Ko or Kaz.

Sushi Zen in the strip mall at Harrison and Lee is certainly decent enough for day-to-day needs; I don't think there is anywhere inside the beltway that compares to Sushi Ko or Kaz.

I second Sushi Zen as a good everyday sushi place. It's not particularly fancy so maybe not "Date Night" quality, but we always liked going when we lived in the area (passing up at least 2 sushi places that were closer).

FWIW, I've not had good luck with sushi zen on Mondays. I don't know if it's just me and Garfield, but on the times I've ordered on Mondays, the sashimi is sub-par.

Sushi-Zen is serviceable, but they've definitely slipped a bit over the past few years. Even so, can't think of any place better in that neck of the woods.

I say this as someone who has dined there with Jeremy Piven-esque regularity for seven years now. The fish is decent quality, the rolls are usually well-made, and the prices are good. But the service is a bit scattered, delays can often be significant, and some of the staff still react as though it's the first time they've ever seen us when we stop in.

A little recognition for regulars goes a long way in my book.

If you find yourself near the Capitol, do yourself a favor and check out Momoyama on 2nd Street NW behind 101 Constitution. A great little sushi place that does most of its business at lunch time so they really appreciate the repeat customers in the evening.